Author Topic: Can't use presets?  (Read 1031 times)

Offline Tigereyes6302

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Can't use presets?
« on: February 10, 2015, 10:56:54 am »
Okay, I made my preset,
after which I exported it.
I renamed it to Tigereyes6302_9.fhp (I used it under file 9)
I put it in the exports folder,
the folder named preset_9,
the presets folder but yet I cannot find it in game?
Sorry if I may be missing anything.
I'm only new to the game.

AlphaEclipse

Re: Can't use presets?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 02:34:05 pm »
Hello, it's not necessary to rename the .fhp file after you've exported it, since it will already be filed under your username. It'll show up in the "presets" folder, and doesn't need to be placed in exports or my_presets.

One reason you may not be able to see it in-game is because you may have logged in differently. What I mean by that, is if I were to log in with the username "alphaeclipse," none of my presets would show, because I exported them while I was logged in as "AlphaEclipse." Make sure you log your username the same every time.

I'd recommend deleting that .fhp, and rexporting completely. Then restart Feralheart, and go see if it shows in preset maker.

Offline Tigereyes6302

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 07:42:42 am »
I uh, re exported it,
it does show up in Preset Maker but when I actually try to load the game (After logging in)
I cannot find it?

Offline AmarisMingan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Luck is a shimmer in the darkness.
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 11:00:34 am »
I think the cause is that you have numbers in your username, which can corrupt your preset file leading to not work properly while exported. It looks like a coding error to me.

Would also suggest you to recheck your coding file in the .material file to make sure het body parts and/or typiing is correct to match. You an also save it to a different preset number in order to work, change the material numbers in this file and your .jpg's and drag into preset_4 for example. And maybe look for tutorials about exporting fails because of a username. Many people convinced any other having this problem to make a new account without any symbols. Just a username that a file can support the naming of. It gives you a higher chance to have good working presets. I know it is kind of a big deal really and I understand if you don't like to do that, it's only a suggestion I can give to help you do the right thing. Otherwise I'd suggest redownloadin' the game to make your exporter work fine again. Be sure to save the mods you have in another folder of preference you made, open up your game first again, close it and drag all of your mods back into the game folders where they belong to be. I hope this does the right trick for you.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2015, 11:02:11 am by Amares »
Av - AzureHowlShliach