Author Topic: Mod Problem  (Read 823 times)

Offline Santa-Cat

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
Mod Problem
« on: February 15, 2015, 06:24:38 am »

Hey everyone, I've come to you with a question.. This. I started making my own mod and re-doing most of the FH textures. I got it looking really awesome till this happen. When I started editing the images like action, friends, party, etc they turned white. I have them as the same, file type, size and RGB but I've got no clue what happen here. I went back and removed my edited ones and replaced with the original FH one but this still happens.

Help?

-Santa

Offline AmarisMingan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Luck is a shimmer in the darkness.
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profi
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 12:02:47 pm »
Hey there San

Are you sure you haven't saved them as .JPG? It that's the case, make them .PNG. It most likely looks like, since you put the original FH mod back in, it and still hold the same code of .JPG in it, Not sure about that, but still better to save them as .PNG. And what program are you using anyway? Maybe it can make a difference whether using Photoshop or GIMP (which is free) in many cases.

As you're saying you 'redo' most of the original FH textures by colouring them, maybe this little guide from Ingredient can help you out:

First of all i would suggest having a program such as GIMP http://www.gimp.org/ Be sure to create a back up of all the original textures.

Go to your Feralheart's "textures" folder and you will find a lot of images. The images that have the word "button, scroll, tab, text, name, target, title etc" are the ones you want to edit. I would start with one of the titles so when you open the game you can see it straight away without logging in.

Open one of the images up in GIMP and make a new layer (CTRL+L, there is a button in the layer window shaped as a piece of paper). When you get that options menu just click ok, as long as the fill type is on Transparency.

Have the new layer selected and change that layers mode to "Multiply". Now you cant paint over the images without losing the patterns and stuff in it.

When you're finished, click Save As and go to your textures folder and replace the existing one.

Av - AzureHowlShliach