Author Topic: Character Inspirations  (Read 4555 times)

wolfdog01

Re: Character Inspirations
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 03:25:11 am »
Huuurm....most of the chars I make are based on what I feel at the moment, like NQ said, or on very few chars from animes. And I only use two animes so far lol, Black Butler and Hetailia. Mainly BB. Maxwell I got from Claude from BB, and I love him to death <3 My fursona was supposed to be off of some girl off of Bleach, I never watched the show but I liked the girl's voice and style....but then...she slowly turned into me so now she is my fursona! Yea

Rizzla

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2015, 04:06:11 am »
Oddly enough, a lot of my characters are actually based off of animals or people I've known/worked with in real life.
For example, I have one character named Scrague who happens to be based off of my neighbor's dog. He has the same softspoken, slightly cowardly personality as him. I also have a horse OC whose personality AND name (Sterling <33) is taken from a horse I used to ride in the same barn as. In fact, a lot of my characters are named after horses ouo
*cough*anywaystheresprobablyothersbutimtootiredtotypeblegh*cough*

Offline R3DRebellion

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt Page
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 02:37:39 pm »
Most of my character inspiration comes from music, dreams, old mythology,  and the people around me. With the exception of Heartbleed (my virus character) which was inspired by the actual Heartbleed bug. 

Offline kululupuppy

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Bye, lovelies.
    • View Profile
    • Lament's Tumblr
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2015, 06:11:00 pm »
My character, Llama, was actually based off of the character I played as on WolfQuest. FeralHeart Llama is actually nothing like WolfQuest Llama on the outside. FeralHeart Llama is bright green and is much wiser, but they have the one and same personality.

Lament on the other hand is loosely based off of Armin Miewes. I won't really go into who he is, but feel free to research him. His story is actually pretty interesting, if not grotesque.

Master_callos

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2015, 09:55:30 pm »
For the design of my characters I just do whatever but since i'm about as good at designing characters as Batman is at a Mother and Son dance, my creations usually look like a rejected character from the Canteen scene in Star Wars.

As for names I just take a figure from various mythologies such as Fenrir or Thanatos.

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2015, 04:50:15 pm »
Well, most of my characters/ and maps are based off Homestuck. cries I don't directly take their looks, or personality from the character but just the world and powers they possess.

And then other characters, like CEN+ and CEN- were based off Wreck's It Ralph's Cybug.

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline Derpiederp

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • I can't feel sorry for you.
    • View Profile
    • My Deviantart
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2015, 05:06:10 pm »

There is a thing that hurts more than pain. Most people call it sadness.
Profile pic by me~
In game as Derpiederp
My deviantart is TheScorpionQueen
Feel free to check it out~

S. Italy/Romano

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2015, 01:05:39 am »
Well, most of my characters are based on animated movie characters.

I've got my main fursona who is is based off of Pitch from Rise of the Guardians and another who is influenced by Dracula from Hotel Transylvania. I'll still change them a bit, but at the core, that's who they're based off.

I've began noticing that most of my characters are based on the villains or darker colour-schemed characters in a movie. I can not remember the last time I thought of a traditional protagonist from an animated movie and based my characters off of him. I will, however base them off of unnatural protagonists if I like them.

Offline SkylineThePuma

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Icon base by RussianBlues.deviantArt.com
    • SkylineSan
    • View Profile
    • My Art
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2015, 08:09:33 am »
To be honest, my characters aren't inspired by anything. I love my characters but they are more based off me than persons fom animes or something ^^;

My ingame Name: SkylineThePuma

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2015, 09:22:22 pm »
As of right now, I am workin' on a second fursona.
{ I pitched Ugly completely, I didn't like another Wolfie. }
He is goin' to be a circus freak. Thee idea is from both my interest in circus freaks'n also that I am researchin' it for a project.
Woo. Motivation.
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!