Author Topic: FH crashing *SOLVED*  (Read 2331 times)

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
FH crashing *SOLVED*
« on: March 12, 2015, 09:48:01 pm »
So, I seem to have a problem and that is a first. uvu

So basically, I had to reinstall all the textures I was using before I participated in the character design contest. I installed a new feline texture, though, because it was prettier.

Well, see, since then my FH's been crashing. I can log in and go into the Lonely Cave (if my character is there), but I crash as soon as I try to enter another map. Yesterday, I crashed in the character selection menu.

That's where the feline texture comes in: I also installed it for my friend and her FH also crashed as soon as she tried to enter a map. So I was wondering, could that texture be the problem?

Otherwise, I'm just going to delete FH and reinstall it. It's just that I have a lot of mods installed and I wanted to make sure there was a quick way to deal with my problem. ;v;
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 02:54:25 pm by theHeulog »

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
Re: FH crashing
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2015, 10:04:05 pm »
If it is, indeed, the feline texture, why not simply replace the new feline texture with the old one that came when you first installed FH? Here's a download link for backup files, just fish through the media>textures folder for the original feline texture.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/q90ccm1vj7rjuwe/backup+for+download.zip

And perhaps you oughta not download that specific mod again ^^

You are amazing <3

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2015, 10:20:21 pm »
It didn't work ;o;

I guess I'll just reinstall FH. Thank you for the help, though!

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2015, 10:25:21 pm »
Huh...that's odd :/ I'm sorry I couldn't help you more. If it wasn't the newly installed texture file then I'm not sure what could've crashed your FH.

You are amazing <3

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 01:48:23 am »
I've encountered something like this and had to completely reinstall FH, do you have a lot of maps installed? I had to download one map at a time and remove it when I get another and only have a limit of 2 maps downloaded at a time for that reason and has made my game less crashy. If you have a FH with a bunch of mods I suggest with your new installation to limit most of the mods and make sure you backup your FH file. And by limiting the amount of mods you have I mean get rid of the ones you can live without and reinstall them for the amount of time you need them. This time make sure your FH is cleaner and less modded, because when my FH kept crashed it held a lot of mods and files that I had been bugged in the game that made my game glitchier.
vanitas · he/they/it/fae

Echoing harmony

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 06:50:11 pm »
I've had something similar, when I clicked on FH, It wouldn't respond when the Login interface didn't even show up yet. I'd re-install FH, just make sure you didn't switch out the File Location.

Offline A.P.S.

• Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2015, 08:59:56 pm »
Did it ever cross your mind to just get rid of the texture and get the old one back? .-. Your welcome if that helped...

Offline stormywolf369

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2015, 11:17:11 pm »
ok so I've been having the exact same problem....my game worked fine until a few days ago it began to crash...it crashes on the character selection and on any other map, this has lasted for atleast 3 days it will only let me on when i create a new char but wont let me leave any where...i have reinstalled the game and it sort of works...help?

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2015, 12:08:43 am »
ok so I've been having the exact same problem....my game worked fine until a few days ago it began to crash...it crashes on the character selection and on any other map, this has lasted for atleast 3 days it will only let me on when i create a new char but wont let me leave any where...i have reinstalled the game and it sort of works...help?

I'll go with the same solution I said above: I've encountered something like this and had to completely reinstall FH, do you have a lot of maps installed? I had to download one map at a time and remove it when I get another and only have a limit of 2 maps downloaded at a time for that reason and has made my game less crashy. If you have a FH with a bunch of mods I suggest with your new installation to limit most of the mods and make sure you backup your FH file. And by limiting the amount of mods you have I mean get rid of the ones you can live without and reinstall them for the amount of time you need them. This time make sure your FH is cleaner and less modded, because when my FH kept crashed it held a lot of mods and files that I had been bugged in the game that made my game glitchier.
vanitas · he/they/it/fae

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2015, 02:54:00 pm »
I (finally) reinstalled FH and now it's working just fine! I didn't risk installing the textures I had when it crashed, but I reinstalled some old ones I trust uvu

Thank you all for your help!