Author Topic: Hello, need a mesh made?  (Read 2873 times)

Offline cryptic

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
Hello, need a mesh made?
« on: January 09, 2011, 06:28:28 am »
I'm Cryptic and I am a amateur 3D modeler. I am good enough to make buildings, structures, rocks, etc. for maps and if you have a request, just ask; making objects for those who want them is the only reason I'm on these forums as I am not much of a detailed role player when it comes to text. Particles, trees, animals and plants are things I have little to no experience with and will be teaching myself how to do them soon once I can get a simple object to work in FeralHeart.

Go here to make a request
http://feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&lang=en&jfile=index.php&topic=512.0

If you want a mesh made, be sure to give a simple description or a drawn picture of what you want, it would make it easier for me.

At this moment, I am having problems with adding the meshes to the game, but I can make the models in Blender, export them, and give the files to whoever requested them to see if it's just me doing something wrong. So anyone who wants a mesh made, please ask so I can see if the meshes I make work for anyone else; it'd help me out to see if it's just me.

My interests are video games and I go to Devry University to learn Game and Simulation Programming. My favorite game at the moment is Team Fortress 2, I usually play as Sniper, though I sometimes play as Scout.

I am currently helping with a game called Stray MMORPG, check out the forum in my signature if you are interested.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2011, 06:55:55 am by Cryptic »

Offline Kenta Uzumaki

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • Slytherin
    • View Profile
Re: Hello, need a mesh made?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2011, 06:49:41 am »
Why Hello!
Great to know there is a Mesher. I try Doing Meshes. I found out My Meshing program is only a 14 Day trial which Is bad to the map(s) I need to do.
Hi, I am Kenta Volkov. My name is Still Kenta Uzumaki on here....Oh well.

Offline cryptic

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2011, 07:05:08 am »
Blender is a good model making program and it's free (no trial), though the layout can be confusing and can take a while to get the hang of. Took me about 2 years to get as experienced as I am with Blender, though you can probably learn quicker if you use it often and practice.

You can download it here (though it seems Blender.org is down at the moment)
www.blender.org/download/get-blender/

Tutorials here
http://www.blender.org/education-help/tutorials/modeling/
http://www.tutorialized.com/tutorials/Blender-3d/1
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Blender_3D:_Noob_to_Pro

There are many more tutorials; youtube has some good ones.

If you have a request, ask. I'm bored and have nothing else to do at the moment. I modified my post and added the link to a request thread.

Offline Sarine

• ~The Mysterious Cupcake or TMC~
  • Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 57
    • View Profile
    • Meep Home
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2011, 09:33:32 am »
Hello pro. c: x)
Welcome and I hope you enjoy FH! (:

Offline cryptic

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2011, 11:42:26 am »
Thanks, I appreciate the welcome  :)

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2011, 12:28:59 pm »
Oh nice. Pplz that halp wiff stoof ai laik. Haha Got 3dmax on the computer in school, and I can't say I like it. I think some of my friends use blender though!

Played some TF2 aswell. Though I never got that much into it. Scout is much funz thu.

Hmm, I'm planning on starting a big map project soon. If I come up with something special and you still are around I might ask for halpz. yarp!

Anywais, welcome
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline cryptic

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2011, 01:29:12 pm »
I would love to help. I wish I could get 3Dmax or Maya, but they are both $3000-$4000. I should still be around here when you are ready, but if not just email me. My email address is on my profile if you need it.

Offline Renochi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Renjirra on Youtube/Tumblr/DA :3c
    • View Profile
    • Renjirra Youtube
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2011, 01:57:46 pm »
Ooh, a Stray mesher! I've been lurking around on the Stray forums for about a year or something now, and I haven't registered there yet, but I have to say, the meshes are really cool. I'm on that forum for the reason of checking the game status and looking at new meshes. |3
I'll be sure to ask you for something~ When I think of what I want, at least...

--Ren

Offline cryptic

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2011, 02:17:06 pm »
To be honest, I really hate the meshes I made for Stray a year or so ago, they look horrible. They have way too many vertices and would have probably caused lag if I used them. The first few buildings I did before the Bank mesh I'm working on now were very undetailed. I have improved greatly over the past 2 years and plan on remaking all of them.

Not much progress has been made over the past year or two as you probably see as there is still not much done. We're actually discussing a new plot that isn't too different from the original idea. If you have any ideas, please stop by and tell us. We could use some more support at the moment there.

Offline Renochi

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Renjirra on Youtube/Tumblr/DA :3c
    • View Profile
    • Renjirra Youtube
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2011, 02:32:51 pm »
Yeah, people tend to dislike their creations after a while once they get more skilled. I still like all of the meshes though~

I think that may be because Zuri isn't online too often, maybe, and since it's her game, she needs to help 'direct' her staff. I'll see what ideas I can come up with. c: