Author Topic: Making Maps Easy to Download?  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Making Maps Easy to Download?
« on: March 19, 2015, 05:36:58 pm »
I am working on a new map pack called Into the Unknown for my rp group, Creatures of Yugure. The original map download has just three maps all linked by gates. But I have been receiving a lot of people who are having a hard time figuring out how to place everything. The download has my whole exports folder along with many other folders placed in the exports to make sure everything is there. Is there a way to just put the fhm files and still have all the meshes and stuff? Or perhaps a simpler way to have everything that is needed and be a user friendly download that all can understand? I placed just the map fhms the first time and stuff wasn't showing up in the maps. I could really use someone's help on this. Thanks for reading!

~Enoki

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
Re: Making Maps Easy to Download?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2015, 06:31:03 pm »
When you export your map(s) it should list all the .fh files you need such as .fhm, .fho, .fhs, .fhw, .fhs etc.. Write down what the map has exported then go into your Exports folder.

Find all of those files then Copy & Paste them into a new folder (preferably on your desktop) so they are easy to find. Once you've done that, open up Notepad or any word document and label it as 'README' or 'INSTRUCTIONS'. Inside the document should be instructions on where to place the files, everything must go into FeralHeart\\Exports. Place the document into the new folder along with the other files.

Once you've completed that task, right click the folder and select 'Send to' then 'Compressed .Zip Folder'. Upload that folder to either Mediafire or SendSpace (Both recommended). These are two easy file sharing sites. Be sure to upload the Zipped folder only.

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2015, 07:07:04 pm »
That is what I did originally, but my members said they were missing meshes. Are there more than just the .fhm files? Like .fho and what else you listed that need to be put in the download? I only seem to find the .fhm in my exports.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2015, 07:10:09 pm »
Oh! I see what you mean. The other file types are for the meshes, yes? So I would put in all the mesh files that I used along with the sky and stuff? If that is it, I think it may work. Thank you so much. I will let you know if it works once I make my update. <3

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2015, 07:26:42 pm »
Yep! The .fho files are the most important for meshes and stuffs~

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Bloo.

• Space-Child ✌
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 191
  • nyoom
    • Bloopaloozer
    • Bloopalooza FH
    • aLittleProzium
    • Bloopalooza
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 12:02:46 am »
Quote: Bawfle

Easy steps.

Step 1: Make a .Zipped folder on your desktop. [Right click your desktop and select 'New >> Folder' then right clock the folder and select 'Compressed Zip Folder']
Step 2: Export your map & list everything that has been exported.
Step 3: Go to FeralHeart >> Exports & find all the files that were exported .fhm, .fho, .fhs, .fhw.
Step 4: Put them in the folder you made on your desktop [If it shows the folder as a WinRAR or 7Zip then open up the Zipped folder and drag the files from exports into there.]
Step 6: Make a document in word or notepad with instructions of what to do. [E.g. 'Place all files into Local Disk (C:)\FeralHeart\Exports.] and put it into the Zipped folder.
Step 7: Upload the folder to mediafire or to another file sharing website.
Step 8: Share the link to your friends

I hoped this helped you. If you have any more questions, just ask away.

Quote: Bloo.

What she means when she says "Export Your Map" is: In your mapmaker, there is a button on the first tab that says 'Export'. You simply click that and when it's done, you'll see all these boxes that, for example say 'BloosMap.fhm has been exported. You then want to write that down so you'll remember it and hit 'OK'. Another box will pop up and so on, make sure you write them all doown so you know what to grab from your Exports folder.

You are amazing <3