Author Topic: Group Bios  (Read 1450 times)

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
Group Bios
« on: March 26, 2015, 11:50:18 pm »
When you type a group bio, you have as much room as a character bio. But when you go to view it, it cuts it off if it's too long. Can you guys fix this? it's super annoying o w o

In-game user is Allari101

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Group Bios
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2015, 11:53:36 pm »
Sadly, there is no way to fix this. If you're asking for a sort of bug fix, the game cannot be edited without the source code, and the creator of the game left a while ago and took it with him.
Character bios have much more space, so really either putting the info into one of the character's bios or shortening up the group info are the only two things to do. Hope this helps!

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2015, 02:55:41 pm »
Sadly, there is no way to fix this. If you're asking for a sort of bug fix, the game cannot be edited without the source code, and the creator of the game left a while ago and took it with him.
Character bios have much more space, so really either putting the info into one of the character's bios or shortening up the group info are the only two things to do. Hope this helps!

Damn. Why did he take it with him anyway? He totally made the game less-appeasing, and this is the greatest game ever!! If FH fails I will freaking do something dramatic ;; You NEVER find downloadable, multi-player games with all these cool features and it's free! Everything costs money, but FH. That's why I love It so much. And it's so customizable ;;

He kinda just took away the ability to FIX anything...... .-.

Offline Crym

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • My forehead has a landmine.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 06:13:34 am »
Well, as they previously stated. The issue with the game bio, is that it cuts off after about 3 lines or so.

There is no current way to fix it, but I am sure with time that something will present itself!
I am not greater then anyone else, nor am lesser.
We are equals.
Every one of us.

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 06:33:33 pm »
When recruiting, most people tend to make a new character within the group that holds all the information necessary for jumping aboard (their requirements, mapped/unmapped, their plot etc). There's considerably more room in the character biography; it's a really clever way of working around the limit!

For example, I use a character named OCAC GROUP INFO to introduce people to our concept and show them the ropes/rules before they dive in. Similarly, other groups have characters in their roster called "RANK INFO", "GROUP RULES" etc. for folk inside the group to refer to on-the-go.  Their biographies are always accessible to groupies no matter whether they're online or offline.

Even peeping at Stone Bridge, there's a dozen characters called 'Recruiters' holding biographies for all their group's information. If you haven't already, try that when you're next looking for members! You possibly already know, but it's the only way to work around that tiny biography limit. :(

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 10:06:13 pm »
Hey, thanks! I'll remember that.