Author Topic: Ban notification system  (Read 6716 times)

Offline crazyninja123

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ban notification system
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 10:59:15 pm »
I think cursing should be allowed.. If they put in a chat filter that you can toggle on/off, the banning for cursing would be fixed. That's probably what I got banned for. Was on last night whispering a friend, come on this morning, "Banned 3 days"
-.- I mean, yes, there are kids who play this, but there are also older people who don't give a ___ about cursing.

slycan

« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 11:16:13 pm »
I don't know mods that ban for cursing in general

but if every other word you say is
SH--
F--K
A--HOLE

your kinda asking for a mods attention ( or atleast someone's)

Offline Daykali

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
    • Daykali's dA
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2011, 11:21:53 pm »
I agree with this opinion. Hopefully it will be added once the game has another update. Which is hopefully soon.

Offline Gargantor

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • WQ/FH/AK fan... RAWR
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 08:31:42 am »
I think cursing should be allowed.. If they put in a chat filter that you can toggle on/off, the banning for cursing would be fixed. That's probably what I got banned for. Was on last night whispering a friend, come on this morning, "Banned 3 days"
-.- I mean, yes, there are kids who play this, but there are also older people who don't give a ___ about cursing.

Im one of those "older ppl" and yet i do care about it. Im choosing my words carefully, and like quality rps.
Basically the only thing we need is frequent mod visits in bonefire and plains (though im sure there are already)... and maybe a list of rules somewhere... and that clicking-on-name-at-chat-and-shows-random-char should be fixed as soon as possible. Things would be oh soo much easier.

Offline Magpie

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 47
  • "Nobody's perfect", Yay I'm a nobody..I'M PERFECT
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 09:24:11 am »
Murr. One word. Need.

I mean it we need a system like this. Also I agree with Gar, I think there should be like when we are loading the game a list of rules come on.

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 12:04:55 am »
Glad everyone seems to agree. I agree with the rules-pop-up at the beginning thing as well.

Now that Sly is a full fledged mod, hopefully she can put in a good word for this idea to the other mods. I still don't know if they've seen this thread. If they have they've been silent about it. I do hope we get an update soon.

Offline GhostingHowl

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 31
  • As iron sharpens iron, a friend sharpens a friend.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2011, 09:11:42 am »
Bump for justice! Sorry for the double post

Offline sirhc

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 24, 2011, 01:27:41 pm »
I'm all for a warning system as well, and since I can't post to my own post i'll do it here.  

"If you get a kick or ban, then you deserved it for -sure-. We dont HAVE to warn, no other pro game does this too. If their System sees an issue it will be dealt with harsh. You have everything free if you stay within the rules, end of story."  
I really do not agree with this statement at all from Tigg the admin.   So pretty much if a Mod doesn't like you or you've done something to piss them off like get too cuddly with his girl etc they can ban you for no reason?!  If they have a bad day they can ban you for no reason..just cuz?  With a warning system in check the admin or whoever will know exactly why this person was banned/kicked or whatever, if more questions arise then you can send in an appeal to challenge your banishment.  What happens when  a certain Mod ban's people for no reason but says 'o they were using bad language' how is anyone to know different if we don't post it here?  What if everyone around this person who got banned did not witness what the moderator says they did?
All this comes down to is personal judgement. Its the Administrators job to make sure they have good moral and ethical people as moderators and not some over emotional teen etc...what are the age limits for being a moderator/admin...is there one at all?
Trust me i love playing this game but I dont want to look over my shoulder for big brother evertime i go to say something..if this game is really that strict..then label it as such...RATED E FOR EVERYONE, is there a rating system at all?
I'm all for a warning system as well as a 'reason you were banned' system which states..'you have two days to appeal your ban'  
example

Kicked for language! 2 more times results in a 3 day ban...this would stay on record and be reset every week.  Giving you 3 times to slip up

Kicked for harassment! 1 more time results in a 5 day ban...again restes every week

repeat offenders will be notified with a harsh waring:  "in viewing your account we have noticed you have been kicked from the game and banned several times for harsh language and harrassment, we are banning you for three weeks. Please feel free to appeal this banishment with the moderators at >>>>>>>>>>.  After your three week banishment if you are banned for any other reason you will be banned permanently."    

anyway just my thoughts

Offline Tigg

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Your right hand on 3D-Meshes
    • t-i-g-g
    • channel/UCKuFJTwBJf94Tq07oVBNMrA
    • TiggDarkfury
    • View Profile
    • Isla Thanatos Gameserver
« Reply #28 on: May 24, 2011, 09:17:10 pm »
Closed since Kov says NO to that. Sorry Guys.