Author Topic: I Don't Know If This Has Happened To Anyone Else...  (Read 1235 times)

Offline GhostPuma

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Crazy Fangirl
    • View Profile
I Don't Know If This Has Happened To Anyone Else...
« on: April 03, 2015, 01:54:32 am »
But, uh yeah. It's hard to prove this, but two times now I have been unable to see someone's character. Probably more and didn't know it. Happens in random locations. Mainly Ficho, since I am there often now a days. Basically it's as if I blocked them or they blocked me. But, I just found out that if I log out and log back in the character will appear. I don't know if they had blocked me or not. Could it be a bug? I dunno. It's really strange and something very hard to take pictures of. So, I don't think it's possible for me to show screenshots. I'm not trying to make this up, not trying to make a story. I just am trying to figure out what is going on.
Maybe they did block me, but I dunno. It just seemed strange that once I logged out I could see that person.

If anything doesn't make sense, please tell me. It's getting late as I type this and my mind is getting a little foggy. I apologize.

Offline AmarisMingan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Luck is a shimmer in the darkness.
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profi
    • View Profile
Re: I Don't Know If This Has Happened To Anyone Else...
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2015, 11:21:21 am »
Hmmmm, were you a bit high when you typed this??
LOLno just kidding. To give a serious answer to your question..

It sounds like a plain glitch to me. What platform are you running FH on when this happens? Have you tried fooling around with your display settings or blocklist though? I recognize it kinda since it happened to me in South Pole a few times. I was to observe a chat from someone who looked like he was talking to himself while another person was just next to him I couldn't see. I run it on Mac myself where this can happen, other times I use it on Windows without a problem. It happens... Neither I would think they must've blocked you, unless they had a good reason to. Maybe it's handy to try and reset some stuff? Hope that might help as it did for me slightly. c:
Av - AzureHowlShliach

Offline GhostPuma

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • Crazy Fangirl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 01:31:20 pm »
Pff, no.

I ruin Windows 7 Home Vista, and I think DirectX 3D...yeah. For some reason I don't have Open GL, so that may be causing the problem. I am not certain. I have not been fooling around much with the displays, haha. I did do something to try to find OpenGl, ended up crashing the game because it didn't exist. Could have done it. But I do have a ton of mods on. Like an EMB mod, a lighting mod, and quite a few maps and presets downloaded. I don't think this could be doing anything, but who knows. It's just creepy when people, especially friends, are talking to a person you can't see and who's username you have never heard of before. I might reset one thing I did, and see if that helps (it will be hard to say, because it may take a while to notice).

Offline AmarisMingan

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • Luck is a shimmer in the darkness.
    • https://steamcommunity.com/profi
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2015, 01:51:42 pm »
Well, it's rather common for OpenGL not to work on Windows so as you say it (although it depends on the running system what to accept). So my advise to you not to try that again ever lol. Good luck with that reset and if the issue still occurs, feel free to continue explaining it here!
Av - AzureHowlShliach