Author Topic: Modding discussion - Is it possible to mod actions (animations)  (Read 1996 times)

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
From what I can tell, no.
But now I'm curious. How are animations stored in FH? Are they hard-coded? Are they in the mesh file? IS there a hidden file somewhere with all of the configs for the actions menu?
I'd like to know if anyone has any ideas. :3

Offline Vespian

• An Unsightly Beast
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 242
    • View Profile
Re: Modding discussion - Is it possible to mod actions (animations)
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 06:41:47 am »
Gonna move this thread to the Game Help board for I see it a bit more suitable there.
gone

Offline nubeees

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2015, 07:00:47 am »
Thanks! Was questioning whether this belonged here

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2015, 12:14:33 pm »
Sadly it is not possible to mod animations as our original owner of FeralHeart, KovuKLD has left with the source code. He hasn't been sharing it ever since, but we hope a return some day. But he gave us the IT source code which you can make games like Wolf Soul, Dragon's Den, and more. Even animations you can edit, I prefer you make your own IT server.
vanitas ยท he/they/it/fae

Offline WhiteLightHeart

• iTrumpet~<3
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 230
  • Seems legit
    • WhiteLightHeart
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2015, 12:39:01 pm »
The source code bit mentioned above is true.

Although, they are modifiable to an extent. If you manage to get a hold of the files necessary to change the animation (I don't know them off the top of my head, as I've never worked with this myself), you could conceivably replace the Buttswing anim to something else.
However, you cannot add or remove animations from the game, nor change their names in the file (since the game's source code is required to do this fully). So even if you replaced the Buttswing anim with something like the old Moonwalk (as someone has done this before as a prototype experiment for fun), the icon would still read as "Buttswing," and everyone would see your character buttswinging, unless they also had the mod.

So, it's kind of possible, but it can't be completely re-done. At most you can just change the appearance of one of the existing animations.
|| ~Avatar by Kikiorylandia, Sig commissioned by Wolf_Memories~ ||
|| Thank you. <3 ||