Author Topic: Main Characters  (Read 3553 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Main Characters
« on: April 08, 2015, 12:55:30 am »
I thought this could be an interesting discussion. How did your main character, well, become your main character? Did you make them for fun, then they grew on you? Did you make them with the purpose of having them be your main character? Or, do you have multiple main characters that you use equally?

My main character, Turtle, originally started out as a design, just kinda a thing I made for funsies. I didn't really have any characters I used a lot, so I usually just used him, since I wouldn't be ashamed of going into public maps on him heheh. I started using him for rps and developing his backstory and personality, and slowly I grew to love him. :3

How about you guys? How did you get your main characters?

Offline Morganjw

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • In-game username: Morganjw
    • View Profile
Re: Main Characters
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2015, 01:21:41 am »
                                            Well, my main character was called Frost, she is and will always be my signature character.
I downloaded a game called Wolfquest and started my in game life. Me and Frost ran through the digital forest of WQ making friends, hunting, and trying to become known throughout the entire Wolfquest community. Eventually I got tired of the wolf roleplays, same old maps, and endless hunting, so I searched for a new game and found Feral heart. I downloaded the game and registered. The minute I saw that I had to make a charie Frost came to my mind. Poof! into the game of FH I went my little grey and black pelt hoping the become known throughout the entire Feral heart community.

Hope to see all of you around! don't forget to look for Frost's lil' grey pelt
                                                         If your interested in WQ here's a link:
http://www.wolfquest.org/

wolfdog01

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2015, 02:43:19 am »
Well, my main char....I don't really have one at the moment. I've decided to make Thyme like....my icon and my name in the internet. As well as someone who goes to public events such as parties. But she was once my fursona, and I guess kinda still is. I made her to be blunt and bored, like how Maxwell is. But I was on her too much so I changed her and poof, there she was. My main char. But I soon got bored with her and made chars that I would derp on then delete. But then I got Maxwell and Grog, if you count Merlin from an IT server then yeah, I don't really have a main, other than Thyme lol

Offline Hylocereus

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ROR I'M A FELINE WALRUS
    • View Profile
    • Renascentia
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2015, 02:52:25 am »
I rolled a cat and a few canines, but nothing really stuck. I tried to build my characters up to have their own vibrancy on their own, but ultimately I was just making things I could join groups with that I would eventually get bored with because they didn't have much character.

Then one day on a pure whim I decided "Hey, pawesome has saberteeth, right? I'm gonna make a smilodon!"  Yuura was a one-off attempt at designing a cool-looking sabre. I didn't intend to play her for long - but she sunk those fiesty claws into me and really took off as a character in her own right.

I decided to just ride it out and see what happened - here we are now, I have this char which I almost exclusively play with a colorful story, half from my mind and half from roleplay experiences. I cannot see myself losing my muse for Yuura any time soon - I consider her my main character and will for the forseeable future (or her death). Rather than abandoning her because I couldn't find a group - as I would have with most of my other chars - I grit my teeth and made my own with all the bells and whistles. I love her that much.

Offline Misinterpreted

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2015, 03:00:41 am »
I don't necessarily have a main character. I usually pick a character I am interested in for that day, or even a few hours. I did have a fursona who's name most call me as. But that's really it. XD

Offline oklahoma

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2015, 03:17:43 am »
Mine's Splash. She came to be when I FINALLY found out how to do double-sided/transparent presets. I couldn't play the game when I made her, so I made her and figured I would wait until I could play again. She just kinda grew on me. So much so that I wrote her story! I intend on using her for a RP called "The Mechs" due to her metal forepaw. I would post a pic of her, but I'm on my laptop XD She's tan with dark grey underfur and light blue markings.

Offline Sandytails

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • I rly like robots tbh
    • neon-chann.deviantart.com
    • wildbreak
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2015, 03:48:09 pm »
My main character, Neon, was basically a mixture of lots of things. Her name came from an old megaman oc of mine (Neonwoman) that I made years ago, and I eventually started calling myself Neon too. The design...Well, took me some time to get. She changed from lion, to jaguar, to cat, to the weird gigantic, hyena jawed feline she is now. With her pastel pink and cream fur, and her glowing blue and black markings.
Gif of Bitobae by Deathy <3

Find me on FH with the usernames Sandytails, Clawingeyes, Magolor, Spring-trap and Whirl!

Offline Jackkdaw

• The Fabulous
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 138
  • actual cannibal
    • http://jackkdaw.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2015, 01:55:56 am »
I have had a few main characters before Jackdaw.

Each and every one of them started out as simple RP characters.
Gringo was one of the first characters that kinda clung to me, and he was spawned after I went on a missions trip to Peru and met one of the stray dogs in the town that the locals had called "Gringo" (Which is what all of them down there call white people XD). As soon as I got home, I wobbled to Feral Heart and brought the real life Gringo to virtual life and he hasn't changed since.

Since then I graduated to Jackdaw, who was inspired after I played Assassin's Creed: Black Flag a couple years ago. He started out as a roleplay character here on the forum, and evolved to become my mascot and a sort of blend between my personality and that of Edward Kenway, lol.

Ah they all started from such simple beginnings and just grew so much. This certainly brings back memories XD
In-Game as: Jackkdaw
On DeviantART as Jackkdaw
sig by me

Offline Nemena

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 22
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2015, 04:16:12 am »
Mine started out in a wee project I did for a monument back in 2008. It was basically meant to represent the balance between life and death-- and I, being the fish I am, went with SKULLS SKULLS SKULLS whilst my classmates opted for more sensible items: flowers and plants. After buying a shedload of resin skull casts from ebay to use as references, work proceeded:

In the end, it completely dissolved into skulls with fuzzy ears I was 17 I had no idea what I was doing. Even so, the idea stuck with me; I kept drawing skulls. Eventually, those skulls grew fuzzy bodies to match their fuzzy ears. The fuzzy character with a not-so-fuzzy skull head eventually grew a personality, species, name and history. It was called 'Crookfish' after one of the bendy goldfish we kept in the art room and it stuck.

His incarnation on FH looks a little different, but they're one and the same. I've used the game to further develop his personality and characterization via roleplay; it's been a fantastic asset! One day, I''ll finally make a preset for the wee guy.

Offline .Ghostly.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • help me polarize
    • fzzysocks
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2015, 02:19:16 am »
Ah.. I have a few main chars because I have a very colorful personality. My main main one is Bandit. Bandit is a deer australian shepherd. She's named after my actual irl name. Then I have Ghost, Kellin, Helena, and Phoenix. So yeah.

fry bread obsessed smol bean
Ingame user: .Ghostly.