Author Topic: Issues With Preset Sync  (Read 1050 times)

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
Issues With Preset Sync
« on: April 15, 2015, 07:26:47 am »
I have installed the preset bittorrent sync in the past on a different computer and it worked perfectly. But something obvious doesn't want to cooperate with me this time on my new laptop.

Alright. I've followed the instructions from [this post] up until the "run bittorrent sync" part. And that's exactly where my problem lies. I can't open the BTSync file whatsoever.

I double clicked the file to open it and my computer asks if I want to run it. I say yes, and then nothing happens. The program doesn't open, I don't see any new windows on my task bar, I checked to see if it was in my task manager, nothing. It just will not run. I've tried re-installing it, but now the install file I downloaded is doing the same thing. It isn't running. I've tested other files to see if they'll work and I have no problems with them at all. It's just this one file...

I've tried again and again and again to open it, and eventually it actually crashes my explorer, causing it to lock up then close itself. I have also completely turned off my virus protection programs to see if they were the problem, but they're not. It's still being stubborn.

---

Okay. So I completely deleted the BTSync files and re-downloaded BitTorrent_Sync to attempt a fresh re-install. I managed to re-install it, but BTSync.exe is doing the same thing, though, this time it keeps creating a .tmp file every time I try to open it... Each of them have a different five digit number on the end of the file's name. Example: "BTSync.exe.12345.tmp"

What exactly is going on?

And if this information helps at all, I am using Windows 8. Has anyone else using Windows 8 tried to install the preset sync and come across any problems?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 07:42:04 am by Alphabet »

Offline Sandytails

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • I rly like robots tbh
    • neon-chann.deviantart.com
    • wildbreak
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Issues With Preset Sync
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2015, 06:19:17 pm »
Yes! I have the exact same problem. If anyone knew the solution to this, I'd be very happy. ;3; Boosting!
Gif of Bitobae by Deathy <3

Find me on FH with the usernames Sandytails, Clawingeyes, Magolor, Spring-trap and Whirl!

Offline Alphabet

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Issues With Preset Sync
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2015, 12:47:14 am »
Looks like I'm not the only one. I'm still waiting for a solution.