Author Topic: Opinions on Mate or Adoption Centers?  (Read 3437 times)

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
Opinions on Mate or Adoption Centers?
« on: April 20, 2015, 10:11:02 am »

Mate and/or Adoption Centers can get out of control sometimes and yeah they can be rather annoying, but I have to admit, some of them are actually pretty chill. My friend and I had actually created Mate and Adoption Centers and have been sitting out at popular places like the Cape Portal and Stone Bridge and I have to say the amount of hate or negativity we get from the FH community is kind of overwhelming..
Honestly I enjoy the idea of Mate and Adoption Centers and am happy that these guys want to help out the part of the community that like to find their characters mates or parents or pups/kits/cubs without taking the time to role play it out, and I praise them for wanting to donate their time into helping these people find that special someone or a new beloved parent or child to call their own.

So, I have a question.
What's your opinion on Centers?

in-game: hooli

DreamerDay

Re: Opinions on Mate or Adoption Centers?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2015, 01:04:51 pm »
Adoption - Adoption center is not necessarily great, but in fact good to start off the game if your having trouble finding friends. Not only that, but a great find role playing partners if you're interested. Adoption have ways to find the pup your looking for and enjoy while you can. I personally love the adoption center, but never thought about joining as pup. I however had a character who is a father to one cup. Then again, it can be annoying. I hate when they keep calling you dad, mom. Ugh. Kids. XD

Mate Center - Eh, I guess I can say it's alright. I never joined apart nor have I hosted it. I just personally love to watch them and their chaotic ways, especially when they write in CAPS. Bonfire and their ways. XD Anyway. Mate center is alright. I like it. You have a chance to roleplay with the person who's your mate and have a better experience. Like me; I love a happy ending. X3

Offline Iannis

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Ama e fa� ci� che vuoi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2015, 01:11:11 pm »
Mate Center: Funny to watch for different reasons but never joined one and never gonna join
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 01:14:47 pm by Iannis »
ShadowPain

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2015, 05:07:35 pm »
Mate Centers:
Cannot take them seriously anymore, they're just....
Too ridiculous not to chuckle at once in a while.

Adoption Centers:
Where all the 2edgy4me pups go to get their fifth parents.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline Kibacher

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • look into my eyes, what do you see?. Infinity
    • View Profile
    • Deviantart
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2015, 01:36:47 am »
Mate Centre:
Sometimes it can be for those annoying mate beggars, but it can also be used to truly find that special someone. I found my mate at the mate centre, we ended up forming a pack and creating our family. It was quite the achievement! (seeing as the MC rarely works for more than five mins before they fight or realise the differences) I've also formed tonnes of friends by just being there.

Adoption centre:
Same as the MC, there are the family beggars. Who cry out for families and end up leaving them because of a fight or not liking them. But sometimes it works well, I know a friend who has adopted four pups and its worked out very well. The first pup she adopted is now a teen!.

I believe both of them have pro's and con's just like anything else, but there is no harm in having either of them
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 05:08:27 am by Koran-butt »
This may be a virtual world but our feelings are real

Offline zRichtofen

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 19
  • yeen here
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2015, 01:01:59 am »
Mate Center: They're helpful, I just hate that they're in caps and they're colorful all the time.

Adoption Center: Color wise and name wise, here too. But I prefer the Adoption Center, honestly.

this is a double bass not a cello
feral neighborhood discord mod

Offline Morqque

• A Positive Nihilist
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 123
  • In the shadow of the light from a black sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2015, 12:46:00 pm »
Haha.
I agree both centres are very very amusing to watch.
Especially when you see the drama in the mate center when
shaniqua steals yo man

Offline Fallenleaf

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2015, 12:59:06 pm »
I'll have to be honest. Observing Mate Centers and Adoption Centers is pretty funny! Sometimes I even join in with a temporary character that I delete soon after uvu

But I have to admit that they both have bright and hurtful colors, and the use of caps is a little annoying.

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2015, 07:26:32 pm »
I admit that when I first joined, I used to participate in Adoption Centers and Mate Centers quite often. I don't at all anymore, but I don't hate ACs and MCs. Both are a great way of meeting new people and new friends, and when I was new this helped me a lot to learn about the maps, how to use things, and learning how to roleplay. They also give people who are bored something to do. The only thing I don't like, as mentioned before, is how most are either very neon-colored and will spam the chat with caps. '

But overall, I think ACs and MCs are a cute idea and are very helpful, especially to newer players. I don't see why people need to hate on them so much as long as they aren't spamming the chat and such.

Offline Owly

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2015, 02:38:51 pm »
I have no ill will against any of them. In fact, I have to say they have the most courage than anyone else on the game. [Other than our staff of course], but these guys go into a crowded map, that has a crap ton of chat spam due to the range of local and how many tons of people fill it, and basically help out people who are seeking for mates or parents. It's 100x's better than hearing the CONSTANT begging of people. Where they even spam the chat WORSE than the centers do. Plus, had the centers not been 'invented' [for a lack of better words] then the people who want nothing to do with mate begging would be targeted, it may have even pushed people to flood to other maps.

So when a mate/adoption center comes to fluorite. I have to back them up, they're just trying to do what they do in Bonfire, or heck, they may even be just chilling out.
I get so irritated at the people who toss around hurtful comments towards them, no wonder why they rarely get out of Bonfire.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:40:33 pm by Owly »