Author Topic: Presets that everyone can see?  (Read 1124 times)

Offline Leader Wolfen

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Presets that everyone can see?
« on: May 21, 2015, 07:59:46 am »
So I recently discovered that only people who download the fhp file of your preset can see it.. I think it's rather silly because it takes a lot of time and work to make a decent custom preset, which I feel should be seen by everyone. 

Not by just the people who care enough to download your file, which isn't many people to begin with.  :-[

I'm hoping that the programmers of FH can start a poll followed by a fund raiser to fund for installation of a preset upload server so that everyone may see awesome presets!

Just thought I'd get the idea out there. I know I'd definitely help fund for that project, and I'm sure it'd get a lot more people to play.  ;D

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
Re: Presets that everyone can see?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 08:14:24 am »
Any P2P file sharing program can perform this.
Like Bit Torrent Sync for example. With LAN you should be able to share files and see other presets.
I'm not sure if this belongs in the Game Discussion folder, but yup, seeing everyone's preset would be fun.

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 12:26:07 pm »
Plain and simple.

There's not really any programmers of FH since the only one who could do anything with it(The game creator) ditched this project a few years ago, at this time it would be impossible for this to happen.

A second very important point is that sending presets around takes resources, most so bandwidth costs that someone would need to pay for, the game itself is free, making an account for it is so too, expecting a good solution to also send around all peoples presets(even if we could) will be something out of our reach right now, even if people fund money for it.

Sadly it's not super easy for those who are not very used to sending files around to friends and general computer usage, but there really isn't much that can be done. There's an option to actually share presets and get others presets. Razmirz our server master has set up a way to do this taking use of BitTorrent Sync.

If you want to try it out, there's a tutorial video down below including all the links and info you need to know to get it running:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3QjreQWuKg
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2015, 12:59:58 am »
I'd like to see this happen, especially since I can't download any presets, and I would love to see some of the creations that other people have come up with. However, I can't even imagine the slowness that would occur. Of all the presets in the world...trying to load at the same time...it just seems too good to be true.

That's why I make all my characters so that everyone can see them. :(

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.