Author Topic: Disabilities?  (Read 6343 times)

Echoing harmony

Re: Disabilities?
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2015, 02:41:49 pm »
I have a few.

Social Anxiety, PTSD, Fear of mistakes, and a speaking problem (Where as My voice gets slushy sounding)

I've had social anxiety from being bullied a lot. So I am insecure when I meet new people & when I see a huge group of people.
PTSD, again from bullying. I can't stop thinking about old friends or places. I even have angry outbursts sometimes. But it's rare for me.
Fear of Mistakes, I guess I always want to do something right but I always tend to mess up and that's why I am quiet and anti-social.
Now I have clue about my speaking problem o.o like that was a thing that i got when I was little and never seemed to get over it sooner than others and here I am. I am 16 and still have it, I wonder if it will go away.
~Echo

Offline Hooli

• Used Napkin
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 67
  • uwu
    • hooiigans
    • xmanicz
    • k_tlyn99
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2015, 08:40:20 pm »
I have social anxiety and what I believe to  be slight speech dyslexia.

I got social anxiety from getting bullied from 5th through 8th grade, and it got to the point where I couldn't even look at someone in the eyes without getting nervous. I get really nervous and quiet and insecure when I meet new people or walk through large crowds.
This isn't exactly 100% but I ended up diagnosing myself with slight speech dyslexia, sometimes mixing up words and letters. For example, instead of "broken jaw" i'll say "joken braw" and stuff like that. It's really annoying.

But other than that I don't believe I have anything else.

in-game: hooli

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2015, 01:10:31 pm »
While I don't have any PHYSICAL disabilites or something, I have MENTAL ones.

Mental
- Social Anxiety (as above)
- Selective Mutism (The Internet is the only place I can speak freely but even here, I keep myself from saying harmless things and/or keep things personal. Including the ones that I should speak to someone about.)

Things I Just Really Hate That Make Me Seem Weird
- Sharks (Screw swimming...)
- Spiders (fml no please)
- Creepy Crawlies (In person, images, videos, etc. Screwwww theeeemmmm!)

Phobias That Effect/Affect My Life
- Aichmophobia (The fear of sharp objects such as: Needles, Knives/Razors, Saws. Sometimes even pencils, corners of objects/walls or the end of an umbrella)
- Achluophobia (Fear of darkness. I always have to sleep with some sort of light on. I have two in my room that I turn on every night.)
- Altophobia (Fear of heights. Bridges? Hahhaa, nope!)
- Arachnephobia (Fear of spiders. One reason why I hate Claude Faustus.)
- Atelophobia (Fear of imperfection. I fear my teachers will give me something bad or put me down because my work isn't good enough.)- Contreltophobia (Fear of sexual abuse. Explains itself.)
- Glossophobia (The fear of public speaking. I just always feel like someone's going to laugh at me or judge me for something I've accidentally said wrong or if I outsmarted them.)
- Hagiophobia (Fear of saints or holy things. This is one reason why I'm not religious. It'll take EVERYTHING in me to walk into a church and trying not to run off screaming.)
- Laliophobia or Lalophobia (Fear of speaking. Goes well with my Selective Mutism.)
- Tropophobia? (Fear of holes. Beehives and holes in your skin, NO. STOP PLEASE.)
- Tocophobia (Fear of pregnancy or childbirth. ...Some women die during this, please no!)