Author Topic: What's a RP Sample?  (Read 7088 times)

Offline Dawnwings

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
What's a RP Sample?
« on: May 31, 2015, 02:16:34 pm »
I asked to join a group, they accepted but first they said I had to fill out a RP sample. What is that exactly?

Offline enseeyar

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 16
  • who are you, that you do not know your history?
    • View Profile
Re: What's a RP Sample?
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 02:19:44 pm »
A RP sample, is you RPing. For example: Air pulsed in and out of the lungs of a small slender feline. The tall grasses were pushed back as she propelled herself forward, amber eyes wide. Her tightly encased midnight slits in their centers expanded as she pushed onward. Any second now and that rabid dog would snatch her up.
"Go away!" the cat yowled. The dog didn't seem to hear. example, as this young apprentice was labeled, gritted her teeth together and put on an other boost of energy.
Her legs were tired. Her paws ached. But unless she wanted to survive this, she needed to keep going. The feline swerved sharply to the left, but this canine wasn't going losing sight of her soon. She took a glance behind her shoulder. It was catching up!
/Oh dear god,/ her mind murmured. /Let me see another day. Please, I want to catch another mouse. I want the wind to ruffle my fur, and I need to feel my friends' touch one more time./
Just then, she snapped back, and skidded to a halt. "example2!" she screeched. Now her heart was thudding in her throat.

DreamerDay

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 02:20:12 pm »
Where you give a sample of your roleplay skills. There's no right or wrong as you do this, but the people just want some sort of idea as to how you roleplay.

If you don't know what's a roleplay, roleplay is when you act out your character's senses, surroundings, and behavior.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2015, 05:05:48 pm »
As the lovely members above have already mentioned, an rp sample is a sample of your roleplaying style. Quite often, the person hosting the roleplay will often ask you to PM them an rp sample, which is a way of letting them know what kind of roleplayer you are and if you qualify to join their rp.

As DelightedRevenge has mentioned above, there's no right or wrong way to conduct an rp sample- it all has to do with your tastes, style, and way of communicating with your surroundings.

Many roleplay leaders choose to have their members provide a sample because they want to know if they're accepting the type of roleplayers that they're looking for.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2015, 05:42:21 pm »
It's just a demonstration of your roleplaying skills.

A lot of leaders use it to weed out any Wolfspeak they might find(If it's not allowed), see your style, and overall see if you fit the bill.

It's nothing to really worry about.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2015, 05:45:11 pm »
Where you give a sample of your roleplay skills. There's no right or wrong as you do this, but the people just want some sort of idea as to how you roleplay.

If you don't know what's a roleplay, roleplay is when you act out your character's senses, surroundings, and behavior.
Very well put DelightfulRevenge.
Also, try to make your role-play sample relevant to the group you want to join, so they can really get the gist of how you RP.
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Saba

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Not much to say really
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2015, 06:36:38 pm »
I could define RP sample as skill level. When giving sample you are proving your rp skills. Maaaany groups require samples if you wanna join. This is article: Small & young canine stepped forward in silence with his tail between his hind legs. He could hear barking of several dogs somewhere near him. "I wonder who they are.... Are they threat to me?" He said quietly and with fear being seen in his deep blue eyes he jumped into bushes trying to hide from possible danger.
I myself consider Rp samples unfair and annoying. Still, people like to ask for them. Typicaly, people who are literate have better chances of being accepted in. Good Rp samples require nice imagination, at least some skills and of course no laziness :)
I think it's time to go for greener pastures.