Author Topic: Some characters are completely white?  (Read 1621 times)

Offline Nixoff

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • pregnant males in buttfire
    • View Profile
Some characters are completely white?
« on: June 09, 2015, 10:09:11 pm »
Not all, but a lot of characters in game appear to be completely white. No textures, no anything. The only thing coloured in their mane and eyes.

Here's a screenshot:

Is this a glitch? or is this something like I'm supposed to find some crayons in game and draw all over them because they're walking canvases? That'd be pretty cool.
when your friend knows you have gum in class

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Some characters are completely white?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 10:20:55 pm »
As intriguing as coloring other people's characters with crayons sounds, sadly, that's not the case. It's not a glitch either. Certain people have downloaded/created special coats and markings, which you can only see if you also download those same markings. These are called "Mass Markings" (mm) or presets. All you see are a bunch of marshmallows because you haven't downloaded their markings.

You can get Mass Markings by downloading them from somewhere like DeviantArt (they often are available in groups/packages.) Once you've downloaded the mms, you won't see marshmallow cats and wolves anymore. :)

« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:23:19 pm by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

DreamerDay

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 10:21:27 pm »
It's not no glitch. It means they are wearing a preset or wearing the mass markings. It'd completely normal.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 10:25:45 pm »
Hello, Nixon! As stated previously, characters appear completely white when they are "wearing" a particular marking you do not have installed. In this case, that character is wearing a marking belonging to a popular marking pack called "Mass Markings" which many users have and actively use. Those who do not have the marking pack installed will see white characters (also known around the Feralhert community as "marshmallows"). Here is the link to mass markings (link quoted from Vask): [link]

To install markings, open the .zip and place the file named markings.cfg into the main Feralhert folder, and the marking collection into Feralheart\media\textures. Make sure to click replace when prompted.

Offline Nixoff

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 10:27:42 pm »
Oh akay. Thank you, all. And danke, Alpha, for making it a whole lot easier for me. xD

I'm assuming they're not edible either. :V
What a shame.

Edit: u kiddin' me. I got all the markings and they all work fine but then I scroll down to the very bottom of body markings and see the TF2 characters and I'm like: :O and then they're just default markings

smh
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:32:45 pm by Nixon »

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 10:32:55 pm »
No problem! Glad we could help. If you have any other questions, do not hesitate to ask!

Edit: Unfortunately, that is a common glitch that everyone experiences with this pack. Markings start to repeat after a certain amount. There is no known fix currently. Sorry for the inconvenience!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2015, 10:36:45 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline Nixoff

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2015, 10:41:20 pm »

nah im not actually that mad rn. I was wondering if there would be a limit 'cause dang there is a lot of markings.

Thank you for informing me. :3

Offline Rowanflame

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2015, 10:09:17 pm »
Help!! I had the same problem with all the marshmallow people, but when I clicked in the link it downloaded something called setupODM but it is asking me if I want to download several other things. Is this correct or am I doing this wrong?

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2015, 10:27:07 pm »
Suggest making your own thread on that.

But, yeah you're doing something wrong.
Can you say what you clicked.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972