Author Topic: Funny Reflections  (Read 1215 times)

Offline PoisonIVy12

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Colin the Cornhusky is Life
    • View Profile
    • Professor Flannigan's Lab
Funny Reflections
« on: June 15, 2015, 02:59:32 am »
I figured out how to put water on my map that isn't part of the "ocean" (Wish I'd known that two years ago when I first started mapmaking XD), but the reflection is um... odd.

By "odd" I mean the fact that when I get a certain distance away from the water (which isn't very far back frankly), it reflects the BOTTOM of the map, as if the water just became a gaping hole looking into the map, while still looking like the water reflection. I'll show you what I mean:

And I hope that shows up. XD

I can live with this issue, really I can, but it bothers me greatly... and I want to know if there's something I can do to make that not happen, if there is one. If not I can live with it, but if there is, I shall utilize it.

Also, if this helps, I don't like how any of the water materials look so I'm not using any material for the water, therefore giving me the reflective surface I want... but why the backwards reflection?
Find me ingame as PoisonIVy12!

Cy, the eccentric rebel against the world. Oh, and wordsmith. :D

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
Re: Funny Reflections
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 03:18:48 am »
I'm not sure about the backwards reflection, as I haven't made a map in a very long time, and when I did, it' didn't do that, but it looks pretty strange! Did it do that when you did have the water material on? I mean, a suggestion might be to make the water deeper (or the hole), but I'm not sure if it'l work, because after all, it has been a long time since I've made a map. Is it like that on all of the areas that have small puddles?

Offline Firewhip123

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2015, 03:28:39 am »
It's a very common bug in FeralHeart. When you put artificial water down the reflective material(Only available when reflections are turned on) is buggy. For me it does the same thing, and it DOES look very strange, doesn't it? x3 You cannot avoid this, just ignore it.
Friendship is magical; Violence is hysterical.

Offline PoisonIVy12

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • Colin the Cornhusky is Life
    • View Profile
    • Professor Flannigan's Lab
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 07:08:29 pm »
Funny. Now it only seems to do it on the one map, because I put it on another map of mine and the reflection was fine. O.o
Find me ingame as PoisonIVy12!

Cy, the eccentric rebel against the world. Oh, and wordsmith. :D

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 08:07:52 pm »
Whenever I use water in maps, mine does this, too. I believe it's just a little glitch. I haven't figured out how to fix it, but I'll let you know if I do. :)

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.