Author Topic: Malwarebytes won't let me run FH  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Saphilly

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Malwarebytes won't let me run FH
« on: June 15, 2015, 07:06:14 am »
Someone please help me this time, no one ever responds to my help topics...

I recently installed the full version of malwarebytes and now every time I attempt to open FeralHeart it tells me that it's protecting me against a backdoor agent. I tried to add an exception by adding following the location of the blocked item to:

C:\Users\USERNAME\Local Settings\Application Data\Temp\ztmp\( 5 random numbers following the letter t ).bat

I can add an exception to one .bat file in the ztmp folder that malwarbytes has blocked, but every attempt at opening FH creates a new .bat file to be blocked. I can't add the ztmp folder as an exception so I have no idea what to do. Someone please help me :C

NO I am NOT trying to install FeralHeart, I had the game installed BEFORE I got Malwarebytes. I do have a modified FeralHeart.exe from attempting to install the BitTorrent Sync preset sync thing, but other than that my FeralHeart should be completely normal.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:40:42 pm by SaphillyFox »
And here's a fox.

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 50
    • View Profile
Re: Malwarebytes won't let me run FH
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2015, 08:02:55 am »
What, MalwareBytes is an antivirus now? >_>

Anyway you can disable MalwareBytes for a while and run the FH setup. I don't remember downloading the FH setup while MalwareBytes is screaming at me.

What download did you use? Normal download or torrent? I personally went for torrent as there is no adf.ly so... maybe try that?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 10:51:37 am by Kijiako »

In-game name as: Whinp

Offline Saphilly

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2015, 06:03:31 am »
Malwarebytes isn't deleting the whole game and I'm not installing it, I'm, trying to run it. Sorry for the confusion. Malwarebytes IS deleting something though and this prevents the game from starting up.

PS- Malwarbytes has been in the top two anti-virus programs out there for a while now. It's a really great program, I love it.
And here's a fox.

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2015, 08:02:19 am »
Yeah, I know, I know, I use MalwareBytes but it never screamed at me for installing FH some days ago.

Anyways, what is the exact path he's deleting? If MalwareBytes is deleting something in your FH folder (usually C:\FeralHeart), you could make an exception to that folder.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2015, 07:25:17 pm »
Hmm. I use MalwareBytes, but it's never stopped me from running Feral Heart.

Malwarebytes isn't deleting the whole game and I'm not installing it, I'm, trying to run it.

Does this mean you haven't actually installed the game? Because that could be causing MalwareBytes to render your uses of the game. MalwareBytes might see Feral Heart as an unfamiliar website since you haven't actually installed the game.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Allari101

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • little-kitteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2015, 08:47:04 pm »
Have you tried installing it, open it up with MalwareBytes deactivated/uninstalled, playing it, then installing MalwareBytes again and blocking FH instantly? Not sure if it'll work; I'm unfamiliar with the program; I use Norton 360.
(No don't you dare tell me it's a bad program it works for my family, since we don't go around checking out freaky sites constantly.)

In-game user is Allari101

Offline Saphilly

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2015, 08:53:37 pm »
I guess I was unclear before but I DO have the game installed. It was installed BEFORE malwarebytes. Malwarebytes does not take whole folders into it's exceptions log, only prosesses, IPs, and domains. I did put the exact path from where malewarebytes is deleting things.
It's C:\Users\( PC Account Name )\Local Settings\Application Data\Temp\ztmp\ ( Files being deleted )
The files look like this ( t25108.bat ) The five numbers vary.
And here's a fox.

Offline Whinp

• Finest Floof
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2015, 07:38:39 am »
I think it's your computer, not FeralHeart, to be honest. I don't think FeralHeart sends something to the Temp folder...

You should try scanning your computer with MalwareBytes.

Offline Saphilly

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2015, 12:58:58 pm »
I think it's your computer, not FeralHeart, to be honest. I don't think FeralHeart sends something to the Temp folder...

You should try scanning your computer with MalwareBytes.

Sorry but.. Why the heck would I have not scanned my computer with Malwarebytes yet do you think? Does anyone else have any piece of advice for me?
And here's a fox.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2015, 03:51:10 pm »
You could try uninstalling Feral Heart, deleting MalwareBytes from your computer, re-installing Feral Heart, and then re-installing MalwareBytes. Many of the above users are suggesting that the issue is connected to your computer rather than the game, and I think they might be right.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.