Author Topic: How to Make Your Own Items ?  (Read 2598 times)

Offline catloversjt

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
    • View Profile
How to Make Your Own Items ?
« on: June 28, 2015, 02:14:28 am »
Hi!

So I know there's an Object Maker in-game, but I'm pretty sure that's for maps. I'm wondering if there's a way to make your own items for your character? I want to make a newsboy hat for my wolf and I'm pretty sure there isn't one out there already. I assume it's possible for me to make my own, because somebody had to have made all of the items in the various Item Packs. I'm just wondering how I do it?

Thanks!
"If you're considering suicide, you're not ending the pain. You're ending the opportunity for things to get better." (Brian Quinn)

Offline Ingredient

• ~Dead men tell no tales~
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 366
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
Re: How to Make Your Own Items ?
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2015, 02:53:15 am »
You need to know how to 3D model if you want to make items. I would recommend using a program called Blender, it's free :) You can download it at www.blender.org

Before going straight into item making, I would recommend getting familiar with the program. There are plenty of tutorials available on the internet. 3D modeling is not easy and takes some time to get used to.

Once you're confident with 3D modeling, if you want, I can give you some links and pointers on the process of item making.

There is a tutorial for making items for Impressive Title models here. You may find this helpful also but it uses an older version of Blender (2.49b).

Good luck!
Will be inactive due to work and exams.

Offline catloversjt

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2015, 03:37:01 am »
Oh, wow, it's 3D modelling? I guess I should have known that. XD But that's good for me, because I've used Blender before anyway. :3

Wow, thanks! I mean, certainly if you don't mind sharing some links and pointers, I wouldn't say no- I'll probably need all the help I'm going to get. XD

Thank you so much! c:
"If you're considering suicide, you're not ending the pain. You're ending the opportunity for things to get better." (Brian Quinn)

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 05:07:05 am »
It's no problem! ;)

For items I tend to use Blender 2.49b as it has an ogre importing/exporting addon already installed.

This is the one I use: http://www.mediafire.com/download/jk7dnpj65khlj43/Blender+Foundation.zip

To allow Blender to export/import .mesh files you'll need to install Python version 2.6.6 (hopefully it should be included with the link above)

You'll need to Ogre CommandLineTools which convert .xml to .mesh visa versa. You can find the link here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/ogre/files/ogre-tools/1.6.0/OgreCommandLineTools_1.6.0.msi/download

To start importing, copy and paste one of the Feralheart models (Feralheart >> Media >> Models) such as cbody1.mesh and paste it in the same folder as the CommandLineTools. From there drag the file into the OgreXmlConverter file and you should have an .xml file.

Open Blender and go File > Import and find the .xml file and hopefully the canine model should appear without any trouble. From there I would recommend the tutorial found on KITO... there's actually two but one is unfinished. You only need to follow up to texturing before exporting, no need to worry about item rigging, that's all Impressive Title stuff ^^

http://www.kitopen.com/t199-the-original-how-to-make-items-in-blender
http://www.kitopen.com/t2127-sombra-s-re-made-item-mesher-tutorial-currently-no-rigging-tutorial

Hope that all makes sense :)

Offline catloversjt

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 07:40:36 pm »
Hey, sorry for the super late reply, but just wanted to say thanks! And it all did make sense. :D

You helped a lot. I'll definitely check out those tutorials. c:

I really appreciate it, thank you for taking your time to help me out! <3

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 11:42:17 am »
You're very welcome, Mikey! <3

I wish you the best of luck :)

Offline catloversjt

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2015, 12:34:52 am »
Thanks, again! <3

Offline Ingredient

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • Ingredient91
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2015, 01:21:39 am »
Lol, no worries! <3