Author Topic: Turtle's Species  (Read 2236 times)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Turtle's Species
« on: July 01, 2015, 04:48:36 am »
I decided to share all the species I've made up c: These are either species I randomly found in a sketch, made for a school project, or for some other reason. Sorry but a lot of these are pretty much going to be a big ramble so if something doesn't make sense feel free to let me know :P

Note: You may NOT make characters of these species! (Well, I guess I don't care about the Flyena though XD)

Note #2: These are NOT supposed to be realistic or even possible, so please don't correct me because "DATS INPOOSIBAL!!11!"

AVISDIER

(Bird-Deer)

The Avisdier is a species that I really just modified from the original version, which was just a random sketch I came across in my sketchbook. It originally had the body of an ostrich, the muzzle and antlers of a deer, the ears of an elephant, and the tail of a horse. It looked like just a random jumble of body parts so I made it... well, cooler?

Appearance: Avisdier have the body and long neck of an ostrich, with large wings that can temporarily keep them in the air. Their feathers/body colors come in many different colors, but are always a very dull version of that color (so no, they're not neon). The typical colors are brown, reddish brown, green, and shades of grey (varying from almost pitch black to bright white), but almost any color can be found. Pink and blue tend to be the rarest feather color.

They have large beaks that end in a sharp point. These aren't as colorful as their feathers, usually only coming in shades of grey, tan, dull yellow, and brown. They also always have large antlers on their head, which they will use as a weapon. Young Avisdier only have a small stub on their head, similar to a goat kid's horns, but this will become larger and sharper as they grow older. All Avisdier have some form of striped markings, which can be any color but are commonly either black or the same color as their tail. They are usually on their back or back legs, but can sometimes be in other places, even the head.

They have slitted eyes which can be any color, but are often more bright and neon-y. They also have large, deer-like ears which can turn in most directions. They also have a horse-like tail which can grow quite long and comes in bright colors.

Personality and Traits: All Avisdier have enhanced vision and hearing, but lack a sense of smell and taste. They are omnivores, and can eat fruits and leaves but prefer eating meat. Avisdier live for about 75-150 years, depending on their health.

Family, Relationships, etc.: (This won't get graphic or anything but it describes babies and stuff so warning I guess??) Avisdier live either alone, with family, or in very small herds. Females are usually more dominant than males in the herds. They usually don't remain in one place unless a female is having children and needs to sit on the eggs. If that is happening, other members of the herd are required to get food for the mother until the eggs have hatched and she can leave the nest.

Avisdier can mate with other Avisdier or other large birds like ostriches, flamingos, emus, etc. Avisdier start having children around the age of 20, and usually have a nest of about 3-10 children. They must sit on this nest for up to a month. Once hatched, children usually stay with their mothers until they are about 10-20 years old, where they can either leave and form their own family or stay with their family and expand the herd.  

Examples:

Felesdooge

(Feline-Dog)

My main character, Turtle, was originally supposed to be a cat x wolf x dog mix until I realized "wait what that does not make sense" so I made him a regular dog. I then decided to make that cat wolf dog mix into some sort of other species that ended up turning out kinda creepy but whatever here we go

Appearance: Felesdooges are very small creatures. They have the body/build of a cat, with small paws and large shoulders as well as a cat like tail. Their pelts are colored either brown or tan, and sometimes grey. They have incredibly large ears (about fennec fox large), which can detect prey nearby. They have large slitted eyes, and the large muzzle of a wolf.

Traits: The Felesdooges live and hunt in packs out in the wilderness.

Examples:

SLUGOR (Arion lacterilia)

(Slug-Lizard [probably got the scientific name thingy wrong but I had just Googled things])

Sorry for crappy quality, I had no other way of uploading the sketch besides using a webcam and I didn't want to bother redrawing and recoloring^

This was a thing I made for a science project sort of  thing. We basically had to roll a dice for every part of its appearance, and I ended up getting stuck with no eyes, an antennae, long and thin body shade, no arms, 3 fingers, and scales. The odds were not in my favor :C So that's how I made this horrifying little precious and somehow I feel a deep connection to it?

Appearance and Traits: Slugors, as evidenced by their name, looks like a sort of slug thing. They are one inch tall and 3 inches long, and have a long green scaled body with a small head. It has a long muzzle and two antennas on the top of its head. It is eyeless, and moves by sensing vibrations in the ground and its strong sense of smell. Slugors are omnivores that usually eat insects, very small fish, worms, and the leaves and stems of plants. It lives in warm climates in the United States and resides near the shores of lakes and rivers. It can also live in swampy areas. They lack legs, and require sliding around like a snail or slug. Slugors also have a large, expandable mouth that has a sticky tongue for gripping prey (similar to a frog) and large fangs.

Examples:

Flyena

(haha get it? GET IT? Fly-ena? FLY HYENA? HAHA I'm so satisfied with myself)

This is something I made while winged lions were all the rage, but of course I made a winged hyena, since hyenas are cool and putting wings on them is even cooler. I really don't care if you make winged hyenas, I don't really 'claim' this species since it literally is just a hyena with wings slapped on them.

Hyenas are basically just any sort of hyena with wings on them. They don't really have any specific colors or anything.

Examples:

Grassland Wolf

The Grassland Wolf is just a wolf I had to make for a science assignment thing on camouflage.

Appearance: Grassland Wolves are colored green and brown in order to blend into the grass and trees in forests and fields. They are quite small and have a 'puppy' appearance, having large eyes and rounded features. During the winter, the grassland wolves shed their green fur to have a greyed coat.

That's all for now, I'll probably update this later with some more descriptions on some of species.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 11:35:35 pm by Turtlex »

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
Re: Turtle's Species
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 07:39:13 am »
These are great Turtlex C:  My favourite is the flyena hehe.

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 02:55:11 pm »
Those are very creative. I love your first creation 'Avisdier', its design is simply sublime. :D

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 03:43:07 pm »
Thank you both! ^^
« Last Edit: August 23, 2015, 02:36:44 am by Turtlex »

Offline Wyldercat

• The Crimson Cryptic
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 101
  • yare yare daze
    • bugbearbear
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2015, 09:15:09 pm »
Very nice! These look like some interesting creatures.

Feel to pm/whisper me if you have any questions or just want to chat.
nya

Offline Kastilla

• my mind is a sieve for inspiration.
  • Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 71
  • [ ] make time go faster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2015, 09:37:43 pm »
These are so cute and very unique.
{ 'n we finally know what Turtle is. omg }
stinky dog coming through, don't mind me!

Offline Sunrae117

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Just avoiding my work at all costs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 06:39:54 pm »
I love the avisdier and the sluggers! I love how you managed to make these chracters in FH so well!