Author Topic: An idea for Groups?  (Read 2054 times)

Offline dinoanc

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
  • dinoanc.deviantart.com/
    • View Profile
An idea for Groups?
« on: July 02, 2015, 09:29:38 pm »
I had a little idea that I saw was implemented in other games- and I thought it might help improve group experiences here as well?
I don't know how easy of a thing it'd be to implement, but what if there were group admins/mods? Basically, it'd be like having more than one group owner. More than one person could add people to a group, kick people from a group, etc. The group creator could select as many admins/mods as they wanted, and could demote them down to a normal group member if they wanted. A group owner could also hand the group off to someone else, without having to delete the group and re-add all the people?

I feel like this would help roleplays recruit alot better, since most are based around a ranking kind of system. Sometimes the group owner isn't around very often, and a high-ranking person of the rp has rights to recruit for the group in such, but then aren't able to add people in till the group owner is back. sometimes they have to wait days- and it might cause those new recruit to loose interest.

idk, i rambled at the end there, but I hope it was understandable enough?

Offline amythealpha

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • I might return soon? I dunno
    • HummingKitten
    • View Profile
Re: An idea for Groups?
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 04:04:59 am »
I think this is a good idea, though it might be difficult to fix the groups. Some people who've been here a while (such as me) might not like the change ;-; but I think something like this could work.
Oh jeez, uh, I haven't been online in forever. I joined in 2012 lmao, back in the old maps, forgive me for not knowing my way around.
My in-game username is FirecrackerTNT (previously known as amythealpha), but can also be found on lpslover. I used to also be found on the account Amythenightwatch, but I think the account was deleted??? oops lmao

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 08:00:46 am »
I like that idea as well but sadly, I do not think such a thing can be implemented in the game. Not without the source code.
Groups nowadays usually have a separate account for the sole purpose of recruiting. Those of a higher rank are allowed to access that account to add members at any time. I think it's efficient enough but who knows.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline xmapleleafx

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 11:48:45 am »
I love the idea, and especially because handling a group all by yourself is a bit tricky at times. Your trusted friends could help you recruit and manage the group with you ^^ But sadly, I think this won't be introduced to the game, I agree with Panzram. ;-;
Insert a fancy signature here.