Author Topic: How do you make your characters?  (Read 6491 times)

Offline Goldroses

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • My Story
Re: How do you make your characters?
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 02:51:57 am »
I normaly see a wolf who's colors or markings a love and go to make one based off that wolf or lion. I never end up making what I set off to make though, and they always turn out 100% diffrent. I was useing a tan and hot pink color pattern, I ended up with a grey and light grey pup. Some of my favorite charictors are based of of OCs or in the case of Scone, my most used char, it started out as bordom.
Find me in game or on the forms! I love making friends so feel free to message me~!

Offline WolfLover2550

• Curious Wanderer
  • The Wolf looks ever forward, never back
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2015, 03:00:46 pm »
 I usually only make realistic characters but sometimes I just throw together a unrealistic char if I know Im not serious about rping with it. My realistic chars usually start off with me finding an animal I think is interesting/would be fun to try to make and then...lots of research on the coloring/species/behavior. I then get to struggle with creating the right colors(usually grey until I figured out that the angel wings default color is perfect to copy '-.-). Of course, once I finally finish it there are no others of its species so you just see a random saber toothed tiger wandering around fp.
Le Laser Duck Queen
Known in game as WolfLover2550

Offline FizzyPaws

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
  • I'm too obsessed with Telephone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2015, 04:43:34 pm »
I usually only make realistic characters but sometimes I just throw together a unrealistic char if I know Im not serious about rping with it. My realistic chars usually start off with me finding an animal I think is interesting/would be fun to try to make and then...lots of research on the coloring/species/behavior. I then get to struggle with creating the right colors(usually grey until I figured out that the angel wings default color is perfect to copy '-.-). Of course, once I finally finish it there are no others of its species so you just see a random saber toothed tiger wandering around fp.

You know, I hate it when that happens. I spend like a half hour making this super realistic char, and then I can't find any groups to RP them in. It really is annoying.

Offline kaczuszka

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2015, 09:02:42 am »
I prefer to make 'Semi-Realistic' characters, neon colours and pure simple colours aren't my things. I love to add some odd markings and items and some 'Dark Neon' colours.

I guess my characters just come to me, I do not base them of anything other than my imagination. I wouldn't call myself 'Creative' since I am not! But two/three (No idea o.o) years of creating characters, I learned.

I'd say that I am quite proud of my creations, they aren't just those common 'Black' pelt wolves with some subtle white colours. I like to keep a range of 'Realistic' (- Semi Realistic, maybe?) colours on my wolf. For example, Chestnut, Cream, Light Grey,  brown ect..

hi hello

Offline Tigerheart08

• Tigerheart08 in-game
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2015, 03:15:53 pm »
I typically google pictures of what I'm trying to create, like a feline for example, and try my best to match the colors and design of the coat to my character. I usually end up failing but at least have something to go off of. xD
Other times when I'm feeling motivational I'll just get to it and play with colors and designs.
[/color]

Follow the damned.. I have lost the way again

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 01:56:17 pm »
For my characters, I try to base them upon creativeness and imaginations! technically, I usually keep them sort of realistic in a way by colors of the fur and markings and how the markings are placed. otherwise, I screw around and create something out of the blue and just roll with it. o/
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 01:57:57 pm by Whodatbe »
In-game user-name is SpecialK42293
If you see me running around in the game somewhere, I'm pleased to say hello to anyone! Since I would love to have new, fresh friends to chat with. <3 ^^;

Offline kaczuszka

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2015, 06:30:30 pm »
I don't really plan or watch anything to have the inspiration to create a new character.

It just comes to me I guess..

Most of my characters are really small and have similar body types but different marking and colour schemes.

Without telling the complete look of my characters (Incase of Copiers) I'll just list the basics.

They're Usally canines, and the name is the hardest. Most FH players have unique names and are very appealing. (Like: Athena, Greek Godess)

ALL of my charas have pointy ears, full tuft and short thin body. Very petit if you'd ask c:

My characters are Semi-Realistic, without the use of extreme saturation. I only use dark (Neon) colours to disguise the Un-realistic part of my characters. They also involve a lot of white/chestnut brown/grey.

As I said, I don't really have any inspiration of anything, it just comes to me. And since my characters are fairly same I just use my old ones as templates. For some reason I never tend to have a favourite due to my constant habit of making new characters just for the heck of it.
hi hello

Echoing harmony

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2015, 06:35:02 pm »
I get inspired by movies, but add some extra traits to them let it be they are crabby or they are just way to witty all the time. Otherwise, I like to play around with new things.

Offline Brutus2010

• Curious Wanderer
  • Is it cold out here? Or is it just me..
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2015, 07:31:19 pm »
When I make my characters, I usually think of a TV Show or an important character in a Book. Usually I create wolf/Canine avatars. One of my favorites was a male char named Kinoto. So when your trying to make a char, Be creative and keep it Unique!
~There are many things that will catch your eye, But only a few will catch your heart~

wolfdog01

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2015, 01:22:51 pm »
Usually I think of stuff that I haven't made yet and I JUST DO IT. But I do have one that I got insipration from. Maxwell, he was based off of Claude from Black Butler :3 For Thyme, the only thing I had going for her when I made her was the voice, which was from Bleach but Idk anymore. Duke I made because of my Southern side and I LOVE herbavours. And ya know what, Duke is a Heerse. A horse-deer. And I Googled them and I could not find more than three. Like...I would have thought that horse-deers would be more popular...Grog I made after I had watched How To Train Your Dragon 2 and realized I don't have a dragon char. As for Bahari, well I love dinos so I just did my fav. So I have Thyme (my fursona) the cat demon, Maxwell the mythical dire wolf, Duke the horse-caribou mix, Grog the dragon, and Bahari the Hydrotheosaurs.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 01:25:35 pm by ~Thyme~ »