Author Topic: Error Sound Upon Loading  (Read 814 times)

Offline Norway

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 3
    • View Profile
Error Sound Upon Loading
« on: July 07, 2015, 10:50:24 pm »
Hello guys! I've had a little minor detail/issue this week. It really effects nothing and isn't game breaking, but I just want to know why it's happening. Every time I open FH, I get a warning/alert/something sound effect. It's not my antivirus, it's a default windows sound. Nothing else happens, just the sound. No crashing, no nothing. Does anyone know why?

what a babe.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Error Sound Upon Loading
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 10:59:03 pm »
Is it only a sound effect, or does it have some sort of emergency message? I would think it might be your anti-virus, but you said that wasn't the case. Maybe it's malware? Feral Heart's download doesn't come with a virus, but maybe the virus has been on your computer for a while, and installing Feralheart caused it to trigger.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Norway

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 11:06:09 pm »
It's not an anti-virus alert, and it's not really even an "oopsie" noise, it's just a random windows noise.

what a babe.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 11:10:52 pm »
Hmm.

I've had a few windows-y noises in the past, but usually they had to do with an update or virus activity alert. I might suggest re-installing FH if it bothers you so, but since it's not really affecting the game, I'm not sure if it's necessary. Have you downloaded any other programs within the last week that could possibly be triggering this little sound?

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Norway

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 11:12:11 pm »
I don't thing I have. It's not game-breaking or bothersome, I just wanted to know why it started doing it. Thank you for your help!

what a babe.

Offline Warriorstrike

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 11:15:30 pm »
Maybe your Windows needs an update? I'm sorry not to be much of help. I'll let you know if I think of any other reason this might be happening.