Author Topic: Missing Music on Custom Maps  (Read 1658 times)

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Missing Music on Custom Maps
« on: July 25, 2015, 02:48:51 am »
Alright, this'll be my last question for a while. Possibly. ;>

Now I'm having a problem with maps containing custom music. I've edited the config and everything, still nothing. I can't tell if it's the code or the game..

I'm on a MacBook Pro running Yosemite v10.10.4, game version 1.13_p8

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Re: Missing Music on Custom Maps
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 11:11:06 am »
Hey, I can definitely help because I am recently working on a map and found out how to add music to costume maps.

First of all open 'music.cfg', this is where you will add your music file to be heard in the game. You can see that there are names with brackets, so we are going to do the same. Here is an example I did to show you:

[Title]
media/music/title.mp3
[Plains]
media/music/plains1.mp3
media/music/plains2.mp3
media/music/plains3.mp3
[Caves]
media/music/caves1.mp3
media/music/caves2.mp3
[Sacred]
[SoftMusic]
media/music/SoftMusic.mp3

In the notepad, I added '[SoftMusic]' and under it 'media/music/SoftMusic.mp3', but you can put any name between the brackets as you wish, but do not change the name of the original music file after media/music. Make sure to add the exact name of the music in there or it won't work and 'media/music/', to show the location. Your music file should be in media > music anyway. After you have done that, save it.

Now launch Feralheart and go to map maker. In the first tab you can directly see 'Music (Group or filename:'. Under that write the group name of your music, so I have '[SoftMusic]', I'll write that there and you write yours. :) Press enter and you can immediately hear the music when you click 'Test'.
If you want to add more than one music to your make, just simply open your music.cfg file with notepad again and add another music file name below like I am doing:

[Title]
media/music/title.mp3
[Plains]
media/music/plains1.mp3
media/music/plains2.mp3
media/music/plains3.mp3
[Caves]
media/music/caves1.mp3
media/music/caves2.mp3
[Sacred]
[SoftMusic]
media/music/SoftMusic.mp3
media/music/Junglenoises.mp3
media/music/drums.mp3

You can add as many as you want, depending on your duration (time) of your music. If you want help and don't understand, check out red's tutorial on how to add music on maps here.

Hope this helps. :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:13:43 am by Ritatalia »

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 11:48:09 am »
Oh, it's not really my map. Do I just have to make the group or something or do you think that should already be in the map's files? Because they gave me all that to paste in the config. Unless it's just another bug with the mac version. ;v;

But thanks for the advice, I had planned on making a custom map in the future :O

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 11:54:05 am »
I think it might have to do with having more thank one map. Is there any possible way to edit the file that accesses exports so that it will access folders? or something of the sort.

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 11:54:16 am »
*?

Offline Bawfle

• Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgement that something is more important than fear.
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 344
  • The Zambisi Pride
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 12:19:06 pm »
Please don't tripple post! Just hit the "Modify" button on the top right of your post to edit it.
Someone will assist your needs!

A custom map can't have it's own music. Unless it is connected to an object, you can learn how to do that here:

However, if you want to change the Default FH music, then you can replace them with the files found in C:\\FeralHeart\\Media\\Music

Once you have found a tune or piece of music you would like to replace the default music with, be sure to name it to either one of these and then replace it with the other files in C:\\FeralHeart\\Media\\Music

(Played in Caves)
caves1
caves2

(Played in the Outdoors)
plains1
plains2
plains3

(Login Screen Music)
title

I hope this helps! Remember also that the file needs to be .mp3
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 12:33:05 pm by Bawfle »

Pixel Doll Commissioned and Coloured by RingoKioko
Inactive // Retired // Gone

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2015, 12:48:43 am »
No there's definitely a problem. I placed all of the files in the right location and edited the files correctly. I'm going to try deleting the files and trying again. But I think there might be another problem with the mac version.

Offline Prisinence

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2015, 01:15:10 am »
Nope it was just file screw ups. You can lock this now ;v;