Author Topic: User-name Recognized But Not Found? [Solved(?)]  (Read 1198 times)

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
User-name Recognized But Not Found? [Solved(?)]
« on: July 31, 2015, 10:02:34 pm »
So, I created an account for a friend a couple years ago and sadly I don't remember the email or password but do know the user-name and recognize the name on the site for topics, etc. However, when I try to log into that specified account, it tells me that this account doesn't exist? Well frankly if I search the name of it and it pops up in the search as an option, why doesn't the log for capturing that user-name validate? @_@

I really hope to know the reason to this and I have messaged a moderator, however, not sure how to check if they received it or not since when I sent it the outbox is empty and I searched the subject in my messages and that as well says there's no history of it sent. So, is there a bug I should be worried about? Please help since I would very much appreciate the time and effort retrieving it soon!
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 11:02:12 pm by ?Toasty? »
In-game user-name is SpecialK42293
If you see me running around in the game somewhere, I'm pleased to say hello to anyone! Since I would love to have new, fresh friends to chat with. <3 ^^;

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: User-name Recognized But Not Found?
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 10:17:57 pm »
After a specified amount of time, in which the account was not used, (18 months of inactivity, I believe, but I could be wrong) the account could have been deleted. Since many, many accounts are created on Feral-heart, this "clearing out" is a way to keep things more organized. This could be the reason that your account was deleted. If that's the case, your best option would be to create a new account if so desired.

As for your messages, did you check the little "save a copy in my outbox" option? If you did, make sure that your message actually got through to the moderator. If you just type in the moderator's name in the recipient space, it might not go through, since multiple people may have the same nickname on the forum. Your best option would be to visit the Staff List, click on the moderator's profile, and send the message, or just click the link to message them from the Staff page.

Hope this cleared some things up for you. c:
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 10:26:24 pm by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 10:27:21 pm »
If that account got deleted, shouldn't that account no longer be found in the member logs? I mean the information is still there, actually. Like the name on here is Aurore and it may appear that the user-name is still there but I can't remember the password to try it out.
If you see me running around in the game somewhere, I'm pleased to say hello to anyone! Since I would love to have new, fresh friends to chat with. <3 ^^;

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 10:43:10 pm »
You could be trying to log into the account with the forum nickname instead of the username, which might be the reason that you're not able to log in. I think messaging a moderator was the best thing to do. I would suggest resetting the password, but since you don't remember the email or password, a moderator is definitely the person to go to. The Staff are always busy, so with a little patient waiting, it shouldn't be too long before they'll get back to you with help. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2015, 10:56:17 pm »
One more question I might add that is off topic. If I changed my password (as an updated password) for this account I'm currently on, will the next time I go to play the game and type in my pw, would it let me in? I can't access my user panel when I try to log-in again (That large area where you want to access your personal depth) won't allow me to. @_@

Offline Warriorstrike

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: User-name Recognized But Not Found? [Solved(?)]
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2015, 11:11:05 pm »
Yes, but to change your password, you'll need to accept the password's change in the email that is connected to your account. Once you do so, your password will be changed on the forum and in-game. If the user panel isn't functioning properly for you, you can use the "forgot your password" function in the yellow box on the side of the website. Be sure to only send one request, though.

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2015, 11:32:26 pm »
Which I did, I also tried doing it with the other account I was having an issue with but of course that email is still somewhere! ;-; I guess because I'm on the computer that doesn't have FH installed might be the cause of the problem, but not sure. Thanks for the help! I'll message you prior to anything else you could provide me with about the game. :)

Offline Warriorstrike

• Ancient Silver Mane
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 11:42:21 pm »
Hmm. Just because FH isn't downloaded on the computer you're using shouldn't stop you from logging onto the forum, assuming log-in details are correct. If you're having trouble finding the email to that account, maybe you could make a list of the emails you've previously used before. If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to take a look around the Help Boards, contact a Staff member, or myself if you'd like. I hope you get your account issues resolved. c:

Offline SpecialK42293

• Curious Wanderer
  • I Lorve Dinosaurs. <3
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantART
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 08:17:58 pm »
I figured it out after a few hours of waiting patiently. Other than that a nuzzle for your support in helping! <3