Author Topic: Multiple Preset problems  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Necropossum

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Goatlinqs.exe has crashed
    • MayasiRin
    • Goatlinqs_jpg
    • View Profile
    • ColorsLive
Multiple Preset problems
« on: July 31, 2015, 10:38:14 pm »
I'm accident prone on here I swear it
I've been making presets on here for different characters of mine and stuff but I'm having a recurring problem now. Anytime I export it no matter what my user names capitalization is whether its DarkkyTheCat darkkythecat or DarkkytheCat it makes me export it twice then never wants to show up for anyone else. I'll send the download for it to someone and then they can't see it. Sometimes all my presets just disappear for no reason as well. I don't have presetsync or anything and it's really tiring having to re-export over and over just to have one crappy preset show up and to have different preset folders not work. Sometimes 8 won't show up so i can't use it and sometimes 9 won't show up I have no clue why. I don't remember when this started happening I'm gonna guess a few months ago. It could just be my old crappy computer causing these problems but i'm not really sure. Does anyone know whats up with my game?

Signature drawn by Me

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Multiple Preset problems
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2015, 01:25:07 am »
Hmm. . . M'suggestion would be to backup any FH files ye wish to keep and reinstall FH. It could just be one of the many FH glitches that will occur over time.

Capitalization is key. Make sure to capitalize y'er usename correctly, 'cause someone else may be using Darkkythecat and exporting it as such will let floofs only see it on Darkkythecat instead of DarkkyTheCat.

When it makes ye export it twice, does it give ye copies (like DarkkyTheCat_9.fhp and DarkkyTheCat_9 (1).fhp) or does it only give ye one file. If ye upload the preset with the name DarkkyTheCat_9 (1).fhp and someone downloads it, the preset won't show up 'cause FH is looking for DarkkyTheCat_9.fhp.

If it is giving ye multiple copies, delete all copies except one and make sure it does not 'ave a (1), (2), and etcetera at the end of the file's name.

Let me know if any of these fixes help ye. If not, I shall try to figure out another explainable reason as to why 'tisn't working for ye.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Necropossum

• Finest Floof
  • Floof-O-Meter: 17
  • Goatlinqs.exe has crashed
    • MayasiRin
    • Goatlinqs_jpg
    • View Profile
    • ColorsLive
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2015, 01:48:18 am »
No it doesn't give me multiple copies it just replaces the other file and it's always done this no matter what capitalization I've used. I'll try reinstalling my game though and get back to you if it still acts odd. Thanks for the suggestions Enoki!

Signature drawn by Me

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2015, 02:57:56 am »
Y'er most welcome! Fingers crossed for ye. ^3^

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧