Author Topic: Bonfire Island - Different sections  (Read 3393 times)

Offline Detective Harpther

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Bonfire Island - Different sections
« on: August 11, 2015, 09:59:34 am »
I am not entirely sure if this has been mentioned at all; but has anyone noticed the different sections of Bonfire?

There are:

• The TLK roleplayers - apparently only allowed at the "Priderock" area
  • The Literate roleplayers - mostly hang around near the water with all the miscellaneous so they can discuss and have constant arguments/wars over realism and literacy.
  • The mate beggars - always hang around the middle of Bonfire, waiting for the love of their life or Mate Centre.

I dislike the way people treat others thought. "The Literate roleplayers" always seem to show such disrespect and hatred to The Lion King fans, and argue with mate beggars and neons. I'm sorry if I sound rude but honestly, can't they keep their mouth shut when they know they're just going to cause such mayhem with what they say? They're always so passive-aggressive and they say others have a bad attitude and need to "think before they speak" but they themselves clearly don't think first either. It's a constant war.

Does anyone else not approve of the different "groups" and "sections" of Bonfire Island, or is it just me? I think people over there just need to chill out a bit, and take a moment to remember that they were (possibly) also like them, RPing TLK and making occasional neon characters or running around looking for a mate. We're all going to have funny moments when we're slightly inexperienced with the game, and I think the experience members in Bonfire Island should be just a bit more considerate.

Anyway, I apologise greatly if I'm about to cause one massive debate, but I had to voice my opinion on it. What's YOUR opinion?

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Bonfire Island - Different sections
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 01:55:22 pm »
Wise words my friend.

Yes I've noticed this difference(Considering I used to only reside in Bonfire), and honestly it doesn't bother me much. What does bother me is when someone gets on their high horse and starts a random feud as if it were Stone Bridge.
We all had that neon stage, when we were all happy and giddy and going to the Mate Center often, so yes, I do see your point. And the passive aggressiveness is definitely something to take note of and try to deal with.
But it's Bonfire.
It's been like this for ages, and honestly, not many take the fighting to heart, and most people that I've seen getting struck down by 'literates/realistics', ignore them and just bite back and leave.

It does not bother me terrible, but I know that there are people in Bonfire who just wanna shut people down who are still in their 'newbie' stage.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Echoing harmony

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 02:16:05 pm »
I can agree the very strict literate are passive to everyone.

You see, they like to have an ego and think they are much better than everyone just because they use their huge vocabulary. Basically, they like to show off to everyone is what I can say. I avoid them the best I can when I am out there role playing.

As of the TLK role players. Now I've actually tried to get my TLK group to Fluorite but we were scorned and ranted at, so we stayed put in bonfire.
To some, TLK role players are annoying children and that might be the reason everyone has a grudge against them unfortunately.

Now Mate Beggars and Neons can go where every the heck they want because they could care less of others but that supposed "Love of life" person. But you do make a clear statement that the literates really enjoy giving everyone areas.

Interesting topic
~Katniss

Offline Detective Harpther

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 07:49:59 am »
Both of your opinions make very good points, and I'm happy to agree with you both. It is indeed an interesting topic to discuss, and even though it's not a problem that can necessarily be "solved" it's nice to see some of us voicing ourselves on those situations.

Offline xmapleleafx

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 04:48:57 pm »
I agree, bonfire is split up to 3 main categories. Personally, I attempt to stay away from Bonfire to avoid the mate-beggar area (Which I deeply despise) and sometimes the TLK roleplay can get out of hand, with way to many duplicates and the style of RP I do not like. But roleplaying the Lion King there is nothing wrong with, people can recreate their favorite film if they wish~ Personally, when I first joined FH I liked the concept of roleplaying the film, because I was a loner then and couldn't fit in with other roleplays, not to mention my 'illiterateness'. The TLK roleplay let me fit in with other people and I could also rp my fave film <3

Bonfire is definitely the spawn of mate beggars. Something about it just draws them in xD I have no idea why they choose that area, it could be something to do with how close it is to Lonely Cave. Bonfire was the 2nd place I found when I first joined, anyway. But I won't rant about mate beggars, otherwise this post will go on for ages.  :P
Insert a fancy signature here.

DreamerDay

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 06:10:44 pm »
This is why i stay away from Bonfire.

Offline WolfQueen

• Onion Queen
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 117
  • feralheart's malignant tumor
    • jengajangle
    • jenqatower
    • jengatower
    • jengatowerr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 06:36:53 pm »
Bonfire is a boring, messy place anyways. There's so much going on it's impossible to roleplay there without a bother like in Fluorite. I only go there to watch the mayhem tbh.

Since FeralHeart hasn't really had a big change since late 2011, all of these types of players will most likely not disappear anytime soon. There will always be younger players awaiting for their pixel lover. There will always be not so good roleplayers. There will always be rude literate roleplayers who boast about their so-called "superior roleplay" and act like they run the game. They've all been in this game since it fleshed out. The reason they are mostly in Bonfire is because that map used to be the starting point when the game was first released (instead of Lonely Cave), so a culture formed inside that map really quickly. These players aren't like this forever. They'll hopefully grow up over time and become decent players, but newer members will take their place and start the cycle over again.

I really dislike it that there is so much dispute and separation in the game. It makes it less enjoyable and a hassle. Unfortunately this behavior won't ever go away unless the game is majorly changed in some way.

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 02:17:22 am »
For me I have to admit BonFire is an overwhelming map. SO many fluffs, and yet they are all gathered into one small place. All the talking and arguing ends up giving me a headache cause I do try to keep up with the conversations. I must admit though sadly onfire has always been this way for as long as I have been around on Feral Heart.

My only issue honestly with TLK players is their lack in imagination of making a story. They tend to reenact the movie or try to make their own ending for the movie. I am a hardcore Disney fan, and often find that lack of creativity for such an amazing movie as insulting, but I never say a word and keep my own thoughts ot myself usually. Though for those rare role-plays for TLK that make their own story after Kiara and Kovu pass I give them coodles. They were creative enough to think outside the box and continue on with the story.

Also as for mate beggars it depends on your definition of them. There are mate beggars who run about yelling in your face for you to be their mate or there are those who sit there shyly not sure of how to start a role-play with another, and wait for Mate Center to be their opportune moment in finding a way to start a romantic role-play. There are multiple different kinds of people all over this game. It just depends on how you see them.

Also those who enjoy arguing I can't say much for them. They are usually the annoying members who seem to have a random stick up their tooshy. I never understand them, and they tend to be difficult to compromise with. So I tend to usually ignore them or let them be until a higher authority comes to get them to resolve their issues.

Other than that I tend to avoid Bonfire due to the arguments and clutter.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline Rangeranger333

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Have a lovely day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2015, 10:30:48 pm »
I will admit I'm a TLK roleplayer. Forgive me if I annoy people!

My signature is a work in progress!

I'm Rangeranger333 in game!

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 07:51:10 pm »
Wise words my friend.

Yes I've noticed this difference(Considering I used to only reside in Bonfire), and honestly it doesn't bother me much. What does bother me is when someone gets on their high horse and starts a random feud as if it were Stone Bridge.
We all had that neon stage, when we were all happy and giddy and going to the Mate Center often, so yes, I do see your point. And the passive aggressiveness is definitely something to take note of and try to deal with.
But it's Bonfire.
It's been like this for ages, and honestly, not many take the fighting to heart, and most people that I've seen getting struck down by 'literates/realistics', ignore them and just bite back and leave.

It does not bother me terrible, but I know that there are people in Bonfire who just wanna shut people down who are still in their 'newbie' stage.

WarKat pretty much just read my mind.  The 'discrimination' in Bonfire doesn't get me that angry, but rather when players get personal in the local chat and cause drama for no reason. (Or it is for a reason and they make things worse.)

This definitely isn't the first topic on Bonfire Island and it's inhabitants, and I doubt it will be the last.