Author Topic: Map Making=Disaster  (Read 1186 times)

Offline _Rache_

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 34
  • Your future is bright.
    • View Profile
Map Making=Disaster
« on: August 11, 2015, 10:53:52 pm »
Alright folks. I really would like to become a map maker, but each time I have tried in the past nothing but bad stuff would result. Things would be working fine at first, until I exit the game or mapmaker for any reason. Then, permanently..."Feralheart.exe has stopped working" every time I tried to even open the game. It could do this every single time until I completely deleted and reinstalled the game. I tried it twice already, and I really need to make a map for this little RP I'm going to do. I do actually want to get rid of the load of useless maps I have overflowing in cape, but that's besides the point. I might give it one last shot and if it happens again, I'll humbly reinstall one last time and slam my face into a wall. Thanks, much love. <3
I love you

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Map Making=Disaster
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 02:33:41 am »
Do you possibly have meshes that contain a high polygon count? If you have objects with a high poly amount, and many of them inside of your map, they can cause great lag issues, which may lead to crashing. It would be best to reduce the use of them or remove them.

Are you using a whether cycle? Sometimes whether cycles can cause crashes as well, and you might want to try making the cycles less constant or just delete them.

You might have improperly installed a heightmap. If you have created your own heightmap, it might be a good idea to check to make sure that you have created it correctly, or else it could crash.

Do you have a high use of particles in the map? They can be quite laggy and even cause game-crashing for some people.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Map Making=Disaster
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 04:24:30 am »
As for the FeralHeart.exe has stopped working error, this is probably a result of particles. Just check y'er particles file for _0, _1, and etc. at the end of the file names. This will result in crashing.

I believe Warrior has covered pretty much everything that could 'ave possibly gone wrong during map making.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧