Author Topic: Preset won't show up for others  (Read 1832 times)

Offline DarkSouls123

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Preset won't show up for others
« on: August 16, 2015, 09:20:26 pm »
Okay, so I've been starting to make presets and I'm quite happy with them and of course- want to show them off. The only problem is... when people download the preset, it doesn't show up. Yes, I made sure my username was spelled the exact way I always put it. Ecspecially since I have a Caps fettish. I export it, take the .fhp file from the "presets" folder and upload it to Mediafire. When my friends go to download it, the Mediafire link shows up and it does download and they put it in their "presets" folder and what not. But when they come back into the game to check it out, they say it doesn't show up? Like I said, I did spell my username with caps and everything correctly. But the thing is, is it normal to have a _ behind your username when you have a preset on your character? For example, mine is DarkSouls123_ with a preset. And I did, definitely make sure there was no space after the username before I exported it. Help?

UPDATE: I tried to delete the extra _ by renaming and now I don't even have the option to put them on my character when i log into my account. HELP.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 03:14:05 pm by nicole »

Offline wolfsquad

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 61
  • Did you take all your medication today?
    • View Profile
    • Information
Re: Preset won't show up for others
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 09:22:44 pm »
Are you sure it in the corrects files? Some files have to be place in certain locations.

Echoing harmony

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 09:26:24 pm »
Hmm, I've had this problem though I couldn't find out how to solve it.
Perhaps you take a look at this if you haven't
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=41064.0
I really hope this helps.

~Echo

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2015, 10:31:24 pm »
If your username is DarkSouls123, and when you export the preset, it shows up as DarkSouls123_(number).fhp that is perfectly fine. Before you export your preset, does it look something like "preset_2?" (number may vary.) If you haven't taken a peek at the link that RebelEcho has provided, be sure to take a look.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline DarkSouls123

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2015, 02:16:17 am »
If your username is DarkSouls123, and when you export the preset, it shows up as DarkSouls123_(number).fhp that is perfectly fine. Before you export your preset, does it look something like "preset_2?" (number may vary.) If you haven't taken a peek at the link that RebelEcho has provided, be sure to take a look.
When I export it, it comes up as DarkSouls123__2 with 2 underscores instead of one. And like I said I triple checked to make sure I had no space at the end before I exported it. I think that has to do with the problem.

Offline DarkSouls123

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2015, 02:17:55 am »
Hmm, I've had this problem though I couldn't find out how to solve it.
Perhaps you take a look at this if you haven't
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=41064.0
I really hope this helps.

~Echo
I did read over that and well... believe it or not I do exactly what that tutorial says. But if i find the solution to this problem I'll let you know, since you have the same problem as well. :c Sucks doesn't it?

Offline DarkSouls123

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2015, 02:19:14 am »
Are you sure it in the corrects files? Some files have to be place in certain locations.
I believe I do? I followed a tutorial on it on Youtube and a Topic on here, did exactly what they did. Can you give me an example of what files would have to be moved to a specific location?

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2015, 03:40:20 am »
When I export it, it comes up as DarkSouls123__2 with 2 underscores instead of one. And like I said I triple checked to make sure I had no space at the end before I exported it. I think that has to do with the problem.

There is your problem. Just delete one of the under scores and it should work fine. You can also delete that fhp file and just reexport again and that could fix it as well.

Offline DarkSouls123

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2015, 03:42:40 am »

There is your problem. Just delete one of the under scores and it should work fine. You can also delete that fhp file and just reexport again and that could fix it as well.
Ah okay, thank you. Um, how exactly do i delete one of the underscores after its been exported? Because like i said the extra underscore only shows up after its been exported.

Offline LordSuragaha

• The Karen Slayer
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1052
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2015, 04:52:30 am »
You would just go to the file and right click it as though you're renaming it and select the rename option. Then just back space on the little under score ^^