Author Topic: Preset Problems  (Read 2066 times)

Wolfe Ane Ammack

Preset Problems
« on: August 18, 2015, 06:06:30 pm »
I have two problems: 1. I Can't See Other's Preset That I Had Made, and 2.Preset 10 Disappeared From The Ingame Menu

1. I Can't See Other's Preset That I Had Made
I have checked other posts, and they seem to not have worked for me. When I make a preset & submit it to mediafire, I send a tiny url to my friends in whisper. Once they put the correct files in My_Presets, they come back on and thank me. But, I cannot see it. They can. I do have the files in My_Presets, where the base for it is. I have tried removing them to see if it would work, but it didn't. I put them back in afterwards though. I also have the file in presets, and yes, it exactly says: Wolfe_Ane_Ammack_1. Could it be me? Or could they export the preset again from their laptop and send out the file, instead of me? I hope you understand.

2. Preset 10 Disappeared From The Ingame Menu
This had happened when I was trying to fix the other problem. I had went into the Preset Maker, and scrolled down. I had noticed preset 10 was missing, then checked in the FH folder if it was still there. It was. It was untouched for 3 days at least, and it had worked perfectly before.

Thank You For Reading. ^^

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
Re: Preset Problems
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2015, 06:22:15 pm »
They need to send you the fhp file after they have exported the preset you've made for them - they are usually named "username_10.fhp" and can be found in the preset folder.

Once you've gotten that file you need to put it in your FeralHeart ---> presets folder. Or if you are using the Preset Sync you can simply ask them to upload the preset to the sync, and you should be able to see it as well.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 06:42:27 pm by ~Shallow~ »

Wolfe Ane Ammack

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2015, 06:24:48 pm »
Okay, as that as what I had thought. ^^

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 06:28:22 pm »
Let's solve this problem one by one. :)

1. You can't see your own preset:
The right way to do it: If you want to submit it to mediafire for everybody else to see it, you should export your preset first. Go to Preset maker, and load your preset. Then, export it. Close it and click the folder 'presets' in your main FH folder. You'll see a .fhp. Once that is done, you can upload that in mediafire and let your friends download it and put it in Feralheart> Presets. You have actually done everything wrong, but you can fix that. :) You cannot take your preset head, body, eyes and tail folder for your friends to see it, because you will not be able to see it yourself. Over that, it can be replaced with the preset they made which is bad for them. Yes, ask them to export the preset in Preset maker and send the .fhp to you. That way you'll be able to see it. Make sure to put it in you presets folder.

2. Preset 10 is gone: If it is gone, you could of accidentally deleted something. Try checking it again. Is the preset_10 file in the my_presets folder? and is any files deleted in the folder? Make sure 'preset_10.material' is there.

Hope I helped. :)

Wolfe Ane Ammack

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2015, 06:35:35 pm »
Everything for preset 10 is there, the preset_10 folder, the material inside it, everything. The button for it on the menu just doesn't appear. Could it be a game code or something other?

Offline Shally

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 220
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2015, 06:42:49 pm »
Make sure you've created the preset in the same format as you have in the preset.material txt file. If you saved it in a png format you need to make sure it says .png in the text file too (and not jpg or the other way around)

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2015, 06:43:16 pm »
That's weird, it couldn't be the code. Like Shallow said, make sure it is a .png file instead on .jpg. Other than that I really don't know what's the problem, but I'd still love to help you further. <3

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2015, 06:43:38 pm »
There is another file which has preset coding for preset slot 10 in it, but I doubt only preset 10 would be deleted. (I cannot remember the file's name and I 'ave yet to get to m'computer.) There was an issue like this a while back, but I think the only solution that came up was to reinstall fh. I shall try to brainstorm and see if I can think of any other possible solutions.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Wolfe Ane Ammack

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2015, 06:45:46 pm »
It could just be a FH bug. I'll reinstall later, I don't mind at all. (And Hai Enoki. 83)

Wolfe Ane Ammack

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2015, 08:22:34 pm »
I has fixed le preset 10 file problem! All I had done was remove the base, then put it back in! I had also solved the other problem aswell. :3 Someone may lock this if they wish to.