Poll

-

-
0 (0%)
-
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Interesting Things You've Found Around The Forum!  (Read 6074 times)

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Interesting Things You've Found Around The Forum!
« on: August 19, 2015, 04:20:36 pm »
As usual, I love discussing and sharing new things with you guys! I have found something interesting, and you guys can share if you have found any.

Nuzzles come time to time as you do actions that are outstanding and normally people get around 50-60 nuzzles in 600-800 posts. But what if, you are able to get 56 nuzzle in just 99 posts?! It's impressive, I can't do that:

Does anyone agree or disagree? Share it with us! :)

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
Re: Interesting Things You've Found Around The Forum!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2015, 04:37:04 pm »
I've never really found anything interesting.
Though if we're talking floofs and low post counts...
i am looking at you fenrir
explain yourself

Anyway, aside from that, maybe a few good quotes from members, but that's about it.
maybe the post count for razmirz and tigg is interesting but i don't know.

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2015, 04:40:37 pm »
explain yourself

Anyway, aside from that, maybe a few good quotes from members, but that's about it.
maybe the post count for razmirz and tigg is interesting but i don't know.

Aha! You do have a point actually. I always wonder what is behind 'I'm a geek!!!', it probably means 'over load of posts'. And I saw you at Ficho Tunnel today, I was sitting next to you with a member named AlphaEclipse. Have you seen me? xP

Master_callos

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2015, 04:44:21 pm »
explain yourself
Hey i'm just as confused as you are about the floofs. I got nominated for Mots as well and I don't do much besides play forum games and post gifs.

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 05:03:01 pm »
explain yourself
Hey i'm just as confused as you are about the floofs. I got nominated for Mots as well and I don't do much besides play forum games and post gifs.

That made me laugh. xD

Echoing harmony

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2015, 05:05:52 pm »
I've not found anything interesting YET.
Just a few funny topics  ;)

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2015, 07:52:51 pm »
Interesting topic :o I've seen things like users with something like -6 floofs (from when biting was still around) but only a few posts. Sometimes I have to wonder what they did to deserve them in just a few forum posts xD

I can understand how Simba got all those floofs, being the creator of Feralheart+ n' all. I think Brokami (the creator of Feralheart HD) has quite a lot of floofs as well, but I can't quite remember exactly.

AlphaEclipse

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2015, 08:45:41 pm »
As a member who has been around this forum for a couple of years, I can admit I've made some very interesting discoveries in the past. I believe the most peculiar find would be two small listings located in the forum's Statistics Center. [link]

Under both the "Top 10 Posters" and "Most Time Online" category, Razmirz manages to top the charts with two very questionable records. Under the first category, Raz holds the top for most posts with an astonishing 16777215 posts. Under the second category, it reveals Raz has been logged on for a total of 49710d 6h 28m, which equates to over 136 years online. Seems legit!

Another interesting find would be a small option in "Look and Layout Preferences" under profile. Users have the ability to change the forum's theme! There are quite a few options to take a look at, and it's fun to experiment with different colors and fonts with a new layout and main forum color!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 08:47:25 pm by AlphaEclipse »

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2015, 10:02:48 pm »
I've not found anything interesting YET.
Just a few funny topics  ;)

I'd be looking forward to see what you have found. :)

Interesting topic :o I've seen things like users with something like -6 floofs (from when biting was still around) but only a few posts. Sometimes I have to wonder what they did to deserve them in just a few forum posts xD

I can understand how Simba got all those floofs, being the creator of Feralheart+ n' all. I think Brokami (the creator of Feralheart HD) has quite a lot of floofs as well, but I can't quite remember exactly.

Yes, negative floofs is something I've never really looked at. I wonder how it happens? And really? That's amazing! That's what I love about extraordinary things, it blows your mind. :D

As a member who has been around this forum for a couple of years, I can admit I've made some very interesting discoveries in the past. I believe the most peculiar find would be two small listings located in the forum's Statistics Center. [link]

Under both the "Top 10 Posters" and "Most Time Online" category, Razmirz manages to top the charts with two very questionable records. Under the first category, Raz holds the top for most posts with an astonishing 16777215 posts. Under the second category, it reveals Raz has been logged on for a total of 49710d 6h 28m, which equates to over 136 years online. Seems legit!

Another interesting find would be a small option in "Look and Layout Preferences" under profile. Users have the ability to change the forum's theme! There are quite a few options to take a look at, and it's fun to experiment with different colors and fonts with a new layout and main forum color!

That is amazing AlphaEclipse, I can't believe this really! The posts are going over the roof, flabbergasting! :O

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2015, 02:39:56 pm »
The negative Floof score really comes from earlier times when the system had a "bite" option as well, some users could/would make their way onto the forum and make posts or replies that more disliked than liked, leading them to a negative karma/floof instead. In many cases it was understandable, but in some cases it happened to users that really didn't do much wrong, and some even got targeted by group of users to have their floof go down on a wider scale, even into the negatives due to pity drama. We decided to remove the bite option on profiles and instead focus on the positives since it brought a more positive feel to the forum on the wider scale. I do believe what was done there really were for the better, but some old profiles still might lay around with negative karma.

Regarding high floof count and low post count, truth be told, if you make a popular modification to a game and only come to make update posts or add certain replies or material that you made yourself, as a whole your posts are bound to get more +rep quicker since it's all about what kind of nature the post itself has. Even though it doesn't stop anyone, it's not as likely to get nuzzled when you tell users opinions that might go against theirs, telling users common information around the board, or just making casual every day chatter. So even though it's true that more posts will give you more recognition and it's more likely that users will nuzzle you, it's just as much if not more about what kind of posts you make rather the amount. If you want to get nuzzles quickly a tip would be to make an interesting or fun mod and post about it, don't think my karma has ever grown so much as the time I made the initial posts/update posts about FeralCity.

Another way really is if you're a very positive and happy user that replies to a lot of content posted by other users, of course well written feedback or just appreciation is welcome in many peoples eyes, giving a nuzzle back is probably a common thing to do when people see this. The nuzzle function/karma does have a lot to do with what people want to see and hear before anything else which is completely reasonable when you think about it.

The post counts for Raz and Tigg is really a fun/derp sort of thing, and since no greater harm as been done it has just been there/like that for years.
Former community manager of FeralHeart