Author Topic: Well Feralheart Ever End?  (Read 5671 times)

Offline Naasari

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • my tumblr lol
Re: Well Feralheart Ever End?
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2015, 08:27:33 pm »
I feel like the community will die off sooner or later, as bigger and better games come out of production; such as Primitive Call, and possibly in the future Aro'kai. Although newer players still will probably linger in FH but sooner or later the majority of people I believe will migrate to these better games.

Offline Insoholic

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 152
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2015, 11:30:41 pm »

If Raz runs out of resources to keep the server up... maybe FeralHeart will shut down.
As for now, our FeralHeart world is not going to end.

cuz glub glub
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 11:34:22 pm by Moontwist »

Signature art by Kynvuu

Offline StarrieNova

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2015, 02:24:52 am »
It honestly depends. We can never say when it will end or if it will. Things happen, and all we can do is ride this roller-coaster and wait to see what will happen in the future.

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble

Offline DancingWithDeath

• Community Champion
  • Floof-O-Meter: 13
  • I'm just a scenecore sparkledog lmao (P.L.U.R.!)
    • Mayahzdog09
    • myspace-dot-com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2015, 01:43:23 am »
If it ends, then maybe a new game will replace it. Just like Impressive Title. It was closed, then replaced by this very FeralHeart. However, when it closes, I will cry my eyes out until the FeralHeart replacement comes out.
If this post was made before June 2015, STOP! My views have changed since then.
Ingame as Mayahzdog09, DancingWithDeath, or Midnight 12!

Offline Hano

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 7
  • we are number one
    • equineofree
    • kyloreyyn
    • itshano
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2015, 12:45:19 am »
Impressive Title ended, Feral Heart began. And so, we are all connected, in the great circle of life.

Offline Thornscars

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • don't you cry
    • flower-magic
    • flower magic
    • blossomserpent
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 12:18:41 am »
Club Penguin's still up and strong since 2005, but it IS funded by Disney, and has much more players on it contributing.

signature by cordisawire

Offline shayy

• Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 05:59:10 pm »
i don't think so, even if the game itself seises to exists, the community will stay together and figure something out :)
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2015, 06:09:53 pm »
I've got to agree entirely with you, @ S-H-A-Y. If Feralheart ever did 'die off' I think the result would be somewhat the same of how everyone left IT and came to FH instead. We'd find another game - or maybe some of our more talented members would make a new one - and we'd stick together, just like we did way back when.
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2015, 09:23:40 pm »
The thought saddens me since I have friends on this game whom I don't know how to contact outside of the game, but perhaps if I convince the rest to be on deviantART, like some already are, then we could let eachother know about stuff.

I like this game, though. It really sticks to me, since it seems so simple and out of that I can really express a lot of my creativity. Through maps, for example, or presets. Even characters without presets I feel like I'm expressing it. And boy am I a creativity-addict. |D

If it ends, I can just hope Raz will let us know, give us time to "pack up and leave" so to speak? Although I can easily doubt it won't end for a while. FeralHeart is not the most popular game but it's certainly loved by many who play it. But all good things must go, as others have worded here I've noticed.

And I think the source code might be put up when it's shut down, too, so maybe we could scramble over to that and make our own game as well? But we'll see how it goes, I guess, since it really depends on Kovu himself for that decision...

(Sorry for the rambling, lol.)

Offline BlueKinTsukiko

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2015, 08:36:45 am »
The thought saddens me since I have friends on this game whom I don't know how to contact outside of the game, but perhaps if I convince the rest to be on deviantART, like some already are, then we could let eachother know about stuff.

I like this game, though. It really sticks to me, since it seems so simple and out of that I can really express a lot of my creativity. Through maps, for example, or presets. Even characters without presets I feel like I'm expressing it. And boy am I a creativity-addict. |D

If it ends, I can just hope Raz will let us know, give us time to "pack up and leave" so to speak? Although I can easily doubt it won't end for a while. FeralHeart is not the most popular game but it's certainly loved by many who play it. But all good things must go, as others have worded here I've noticed.

And I think the source code might be put up when it's shut down, too, so maybe we could scramble over to that and make our own game as well? But we'll see how it goes, I guess, since it really depends on Kovu himself for that decision...

(Sorry for the rambling, lol.)

So far I doubt KovuLKD will put up the source code ever really, otherwise he would've already done so since this game has been out for years.

As for the game itself, I feel a bit saddened as to what I "knew" of this game and what it is today. I remember coming on and seeing over 600 people at one time everyday. The least amount of people was 300 at hours like 6am EST time. So needless to say I am well, a bit saddened by this. I came on multiple times and have only seen a little over 100 members and it just well, shocks me.

I'm not sure if anyone wants a idea of how good it was back then in 2013 or earlier but well, it was constant people at least. All the dens were filled and you could always find people to rp with no matter what time of day.

What was even better though was that all the map was in use and there were people in every cave or den. Plus general chat made it easier to communicate and post to get people for groups and what not. But alas, the good ol' days are at a end I think unless they open up registration and finally get enough members to make it like that once more.