Poll

What do you think? Comment below for any questions! :)

Very useful.
Not so good...
It's only O.K.

Author Topic: Art tips that will enhance your drawings!  (Read 1544 times)

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Art tips that will enhance your drawings!
« on: September 01, 2015, 07:56:33 pm »
Enhancing your drawings daily
Introduction :-

Hey everyone, i'll begin by saying thank you if you use my tips in your drawings! I'm definitely sure some of these should somehow be your easy and tough things to do, but you know: 'Practice always makes perfect.' Alright, so I gathered some questions people asked me to answer and I am always that person who enjoys lending a hand to people. Many of you might not know that I am a great drawer because I barely post any drawings here, so I'd definitely love to show you some now before we go to the tips. These drawings below are called 'traditional' drawings, which basically means any work creating with traditional medias such as pencil, pen, paint, wood, spray paint to name a few. I will still be giving you some tips with my traditional drawings, to give you an idea of how my experience have been with them and so on. These are two of my best pieces yet, but don't think my other ones are horrible! xD They look great.

1. Pastels
This is not my favorite friend, but it is a great tool to use once you get used to it! I've been taking advanced classes for teenage years (14 - 19) and basically it has been the first time I have ever used this media. The best color to use to make realistic drawings look amazing, is light peach. I'm not kidding. This color will rock your drawings anytime! Great when blending colors and also great if drawing still life!

2. Charcoal.
I love this media because it is soft and friendly to me! Some of you might of used those charcoals that are thick and easily blend on the canvas paper (meaning they are messy) but I am using a 'special' charcoal which is about the size of a tooth pick. It draws just like a pencil too! So I don't need to worry about pressing. However, when using charcoal, it's important to identify which areas of the drawings are darker than the other and it takes a bit of time to do darker bits because you have to go over and over again with the charcoal, to make it look darker (like layers when shading on digital drawings).

WORK IN PROGRESS, PLEASE BE PATIENT...

Offline XxCheyPawsxX

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • I'll beat you with my twig.
    • View Profile
Re: Art tips that will enhance your drawings!
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 12:09:07 am »
Sorry. This dosn't help me with my wolf drawings therefore it has no use to me.

Offline Sixx.

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 12:19:37 am »
This is great, as I struggle with art. This kind of stuff is really good for making realistic stuff, which I REALLY struggle with.
Avatar by the lovely RebelEcho <3

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 12:22:01 am »
Aw, just because there isn't a wolf-related picture doesn't mean you can't learn from it, yes? The owner may add other types of art guidance, too, since her thread is a WIP.

Nice work on this, Rita. You're a very talented artist. I look forward to seeing other tips and creations in the future. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 12:27:10 am »
This is a really helpful guide, Rita. You always have amazing tips to give out when it comes to art, and I'm sure many others appreciate the work you've put into them. I've been having issues with traditional works and I know this will be of help the next time I find myself struggling. Many thanks. I am looking forward to seeing your other tips in the future, as well as more art pieces. You are very talented. <3

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 12:55:29 pm »

Now did I finish this? Not yet, so please wait. I have been very busy with my school work..

Sorry, more will come soon. <3
This is great, as I struggle with art. This kind of stuff is really good for making realistic stuff, which I REALLY struggle with.

It's alright, everyone struggles with things and sometimes art is not what most people have talent with. Just know how to appreciate the talents you already have. :) I can definitely help you if you don't mind at all.

Aw, just because there isn't a wolf-related picture doesn't mean you can't learn from it, yes? The owner may add other types of art guidance, too, since her thread is a WIP.

Nice work on this, Rita. You're a very talented artist. I look forward to seeing other tips and creations in the future. c:

Thank you for replying forward to them! <3 And thank you, I am a very busy person and I am always trying my best to do things for other people.
This is a really helpful guide, Rita. You always have amazing tips to give out when it comes to art, and I'm sure many others appreciate the work you've put into them. I've been having issues with traditional works and I know this will be of help the next time I find myself struggling. Many thanks. I am looking forward to seeing your other tips in the future, as well as more art pieces. You are very talented. <3

Thank you! :D And I'll edit this sometime soon, I just need to finish other work I have for now. c: You're most welcome too, I'll always help people in any way!

Offline StarrieNova

• Floof-O-Meter: 52
  • Cuddle Fluff
    • StarrieNova
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 03:41:21 am »
Wow those are amazing looking!

Siggy by: MittenstheNoble