Author Topic: Particles.  (Read 641 times)

Offline The_Black_Cat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Particles.
« on: September 05, 2015, 10:48:17 pm »
I'd like to know how to use particles in maps, but to my surprise I couldn't find any tutorials. Does anyone know of any tutorials on how to use particles (that aren't videos)?

Offline greenart6

• The Chicken God
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 143
  • Spooky glowy ghost dogs
    • WornSkateboard
    • View Profile
Re: Particles.
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2015, 10:52:39 pm »
If I understand what you're asking correctly, particles act just like objects when it comes to placing them in maps. As long as you have particles in an object group, all you have to do is just click on them and place them wherever you please, resize them, etc.

Hope this helps!

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 10:53:31 pm »
Well, no, but I don't think it's too hard.

Exactly what do you mean? Because in my experience it's just like using a mesh. Download it, go to the map maker, then place it. If you were to export your map though, make sure there's no duplicates in the particles folder (Where you put the particles when you download them, usually.) otherwise you'd start crashing.

All make sense somewhat? I don't really have a whole lot of information so. (NegativeTen likely answered better than I.)

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2015, 02:43:20 pm »
Just adding on to all of this... If ye 'aven't uploaded the particles yet it y'er objects, first things first is ye must put the downloaded particle files in the particle folder. This shall be found inside the media folder. (FH<media<particles)

Next, head to the Object maker. There should be a button on the very first tab that says something along the lines of particles, billboard, or something like that. Once ye 'ave clicked that tab, their will be a whole new menu. The middle tab, shall be where ye upload particles. Just type in the particle's file name and hit upload.

Then head back to y'er objects menu, which ye can do by heading to the first tab on the particles menu and click the objects button, and save y'er new particle to y'er desired object group.

If any of this is confusing ye, I can snap some screenies for ye. {If ye do want some, I will be a while since I am out of the house until most likely 12 or 1 at the latest.} Best of luck with y'er particles deary!

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧