Author Topic: FH Crashing Due to Wineskin (Mac)  (Read 1259 times)

Offline xxxxxxxxx8503

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt~
FH Crashing Due to Wineskin (Mac)
« on: September 12, 2015, 09:19:39 am »
So lately whenever I go to Fluorite plains (Haven't tried any other Big places) I crash. It says "There was a big problem/issue with wineskin so we had to close the program," . I have re-installed FH several times and logged on and off. I have Legendary Items and Legendary Markings on too. Before this never happened but I don't know why it doesn't want to work now. Sometimes FH won't even open which is frustrating because I really enjoy the game. I'm not sure if this is just happening to me but I wish FH for Mac would be much more stable  :'( I then tried to run FH without any item packs and markings (after re in-stalling it of course) but it wouldn't open. Is there anyway to fix this?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 09:28:49 am by Chezca »

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Re: FH Crashing Due to Wineskin (Mac)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2015, 11:39:01 am »
Hello Chezca! This is some kind of wine error? Most of the people I know got a problem like that and especially me so I could possibly help you in some way. :)

Your game might of crashed because you are using to much memory on your computer. By that I mean by running programs so it's best to close programs such as Skype or keep at least one tab of Google chrome open or whatever you use. c: You could also try uninstalling the game again but do not download any packs. Just keep it plain and then run the game because when it's new there shouldn't be any problems. Also, try and stay away from maps that have so many users playing on it because most of my crashes come from maps such as Fluorite Plains Or Bonfire Island. :3

Hope this help... <3.

Offline xXQueenXx

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 24
  • Sippin tea
    • https://www.youtube.com/channel/
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2015, 02:07:00 pm »
Try keeping your game window small.  That seems to prevent me from crashing, even if I am using mods.
Oh and make sure when you re-download the game you are applying these useful tips.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2015, 03:47:02 pm »
I don't know too much about Mac computers, but the Wineskin error leads me to think that it's not as much of a game issue, as it is your Wineskin program. Wineskin was often used to help Windows games run on Mac computers, so something could have gone wrong there. (Maybe try disabling Wineskin when you open Feral-heart?) When you installed the game, did you download the Mac or the Windows version?

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline xxxxxxxxx8503

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt~
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 08:41:22 pm »
I downloaded the Mac version. When you download the mac it kinda comes with wineskin so It's a must download. Thanks guys I'll try your tips. I'll post again if nothing worked. :)