Author Topic: Character Only  (Read 1529 times)

Offline Cashew

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Character Only
« on: September 20, 2015, 05:46:37 pm »
Sorry if this has been asked before.
I haven't played this game before. I made an account with the intention of downloading the game several years ago but never got around to downloading it. I've tried and failed to make forum accounts because I couldn't remember my old one, but recently I finally guessed the correct username and was able to download the game on my computer and sign in.
I'm able to create a character and view my characters (which are displayed on a background of pure black, which I think isn't right either), but once I try to play the game I can only see my character, the chat box, and the menu buttons. There's no map (there is a little navigator arrow), no world, no conversations in the chat to indicate that other people might be around me, and no other characters. It's simply my character floating in a black void. I can walk, fly, change camera views, insert chat, and do everything else... but I have no idea whether or not my actions are seen by others, or if I'm just alone in a nonexistent place.
I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm not connected to any server, and that the worlds aren't loading. I also have a number of presets turning up blank on my character if I try to use them.
Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
Re: Character Only
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2015, 06:19:19 pm »
Arr, this could simply be a graphical error. I suggest ye take a look at this section of the 'BIG help thread' here, which should hopefully help you in resolving the issue.

In-game user: Panzramic

Offline Cashew

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2015, 07:58:09 pm »
Alright, I tried switching from Direct3D9 to OpenGL and back again, with the same results each time.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2015, 08:12:56 pm »
If that is the case, then perhaps your graphic card might be the cause of the issue.

Even though this solves the graphical problems for most, there's still some unlucky ferals out there that the problems still remain for, but there's still 1 more thing you can try, and that is to update your graphic card drivers.

A computer is hardware, and with time it gets old just like any other thing in this world. If you had your computer for a while, and never updated the drivers, this might be the cause for FeralHeart not to work correctly. Installing Drivers for your computer is like installing any other program that it might need, though knowing how to do this might be tricky, so check the tutorial on how to Here!

If you already tried this and it's not working, chances are that your computer is getting old and can't handle the game. Installing drivers might help, but you're still running the same hardware. Try the game on another computer instead.
If not, perhaps someone else can step in and offer other solutions they've discovered. This is the only thing that came to my mind, however. I do wish you luck in trying to get it to work.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2015, 11:53:24 pm »
Another reason as to why this is happening may be because ye accidentally deleted or lost y'er map files. Map files hold the height maps, textures, meshes, and anything else that makes a map a map. Try heading into y'er FH folder and go inside media and then into terrains. If ye can't find Flourite, or any other important map files such as Bonfire Island, Ficho Tunnel, Lonely Cave, and etcetera, this could be why all ye see is blackness. Best of luck to ye!

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2015, 12:08:48 am »
If you have moved or accidentally lost a map file, (a texture file could be the case) your best option would be to re-install the game- this will reset any files that you might have moved or didn't install in the download. Be sure your computer is updated, too, and it wouldn't hurt to take a look at your graphics card. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Cashew

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2015, 07:58:44 pm »
My computer is new with an updated graphics card, so there should be no issue at all with outdated drivers and there shouldn't be an issue with games either. However, it might be important to note that when I try to play Facade on this laptop, it also frequently glitches-- taffy bodies and nonsensical responses, usually. I think maybe I need to download an external program for graphics?
Also, the map files are all there. I haven't messed around with the files, and I downloaded the game very recently.

Offline shayy

• Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2015, 08:27:05 pm »
My computer is new with an updated graphics card, so there should be no issue at all with outdated drivers and there shouldn't be an issue with games either. However, it might be important to note that when I try to play Facade on this laptop, it also frequently glitches-- taffy bodies and nonsensical responses, usually. I think maybe I need to download an external program for graphics?
Also, the map files are all there. I haven't messed around with the files, and I downloaded the game very recently.

I would really suggest re installing the game as Nynx suggested, just be sure to delete the one you currently have. Even tho you haven't messed with any of the files, something just could have gone wrong. Also, what computer are you using?
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Cashew

• Forum Newcomer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2015, 12:55:14 am »
It's a Toshiba Satellite L15W-B. I uninstalled it and downloaded the non-mac version on download, not torrent. It downloaded/set up unusually quickly... and my character appeared in the world! However, the presets are still white (which most people are), and maybe this is just normal, but my chat box shows people constantly disconnecting or leaving and no one is replying to my questions. I'm not exactly sure my chats are getting through to other people or vice versa...

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2015, 01:23:10 am »
Arr, I am glad to hear that the maps finally show up for you. As for your blank presets, you might want to try and export those files once again and see if that solves the issue for you. Anyone else that appears white to you may also be wearing markings from the Legendary Markings pack, which you can download from here. Installing these may help with getting rid of white-textured players.

The chat box displaying people connecting or disconnecting is normal as well. If you would like to turn off that particular feature, you can go to your Options and locate the Interface tab. Scroll down until you see Arrival Chat Name Type and click on that. It should give you a few options, and to turn it off, simply click on Don't Show. The things you type in the chat box should also be displayed for everyone else. If no one is replying, it could be because you are in a place where the chat gets flooded and buries your messages. Though if it's like this for you everywhere, then I am not too sure what the issue would be. Perhaps someone else can step in and offer more help.