Author Topic: Forest of Lights Map  (Read 3088 times)

Offline xSamii

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Forest of Lights Map
« on: September 24, 2015, 04:22:40 pm »
Ok, so, I have attempted to get this particular map into my game three times. I have extracted the files from the Zip and placed them in their locations. Now, this map did not come with a Read Me file, so I was going off of everything I have seen. I believe myself to have placed everything in the right spot, and yet now as I go to Cape, I have no portal. Someone before mention the .fhm file, which is currently in objects where they told be to place it. If this is wrong, please do correct e. This map is a gorgeous one, from what I've seen, and I really do want to get it working. Thank you in advance for any help.

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Forest of Lights Map
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2015, 04:24:00 pm »
The .fhm file should be placed in exports. In general, all files you download from a map should be placed in exports, too. c:

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline xSamii

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2015, 04:25:38 pm »
Oh, apologies. I did not mean objects, I did mean exports. It is there, as well as some .fho files that I am not sure if they should be there. :o

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
Re: Forest of Llights Map
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2015, 04:27:19 pm »
Hello Broken Shadow!
I'm a little lost on how to help, as I have been away for while, but I can recommend a few things.
- The reason it's not working could be that the map itself doesn't work anymore (download link is wrong etc..)
- I don't exactly remember exactly where everything goes, but if you go to this link -https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ULvvPVJIk0, it will show you how to download a map and where everything should go.
hope this helps! :)
good luck
- shay
pm for free art i need practice

Offline xSamii

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2015, 04:31:33 pm »
Hmm, alright. I will definitely watch that and see if I can locate the problem with the video.

Offline xSamii

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2015, 04:38:11 pm »
Hmm, I moved all of my files into the Exports file, as the video above said, and I still do not have a portal showing up for the map.

Offline shayy

• Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2015, 05:05:49 pm »
well then my guess would be that there is something wrong with the download file itself, it may be missing something. Again, i'm probably wrong just because I don;t know too much about this, just the basics.
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2015, 05:40:50 pm »
Hmm, could ye list all the files that were given in the download? If I could see what the download came with, I could possibly tell ye if y'er missing something or not. Also try redownloading the map pack. It could 'ave been just that the files weren't downloaded correctly and may 'ave been corrupted and now won't work. Clean downloads can always be useful.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 08:22:13 pm »
There is a possibility that there is something missing. It may be the map itself, not the files. Is this map a single or connected to other portals? I can be wrong here, but people have come across having issues with missing portals due to the connection of portals within a map. If that's the case, the owner must give you the download for the main map. And if it's not the case, then you have done something wrong. Ask one of your friends if they have this map and how they allowed it to work in the game. You are always given files that are put into the exports folder, these are:
.fhm
.fho
.fhs
.fhw

If you have done that then I guess the files are corrupted and no longer work.

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2015, 09:49:40 pm »
As already mentioned but I feel is worth repeating, try redownloading the map pack. Also if you have a lot of maps in Cape delete some, that could be the problem as well as maps will stretch out very far into the distance.

I'm doubting that is the problem though, so perhaps you could re-check the location you pasted in if all else fails? I'll have to download this map myself, see if it works myself if you're still having problems. Let us know if you are, of course...