Author Topic: Forest of Lights Map  (Read 3091 times)

Offline xSamii

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Forest of Lights Map
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2015, 06:34:24 pm »
I actually have no maps at all in Cape, only the Fluorite map. And I have actually given up on the Forest of Lights map, and moved to another called The Great Forest. Now this map did come with instructions, which I followed. Though still, I go to Cape and see no portal. What could I be doing wrong?

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2015, 07:10:20 pm »
Are you sure you followed the instructions correctly? Try and go back over it slowly then tell me what happens. There might be the same reasons causing the portal not to appear in cape, even if it has no instructions. Can you give me the download link to this map? I'd like to test somethings out and usually I find some mistakes in the files that I could repair. Let's hope that you haven't skipped or made a mistake. c:

Offline xSamii

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2015, 08:04:15 pm »
I can try to give you the link, though it is a private map for a roleplay I am going to join. I'llgo back through my pages and find it.

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2015, 04:08:21 am »
Alright, I'll go through it and I'll tell you my results later. Stay in touch! :)

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2015, 01:22:49 pm »
As Warriorstrike has mentioned, it'll be nice to ask your group first! :) But since I am only trying to help you rather than fully downloading it and playing in the map, I think it's alright that's why I didn't ask you. Just tell your group members I'll only be helping. <3

So, let's get to the point now. I have successfully downloaded the map, exported it and followed all the directions. And guess what? You actually did something wrong! When you download maps, you should take your time when extracting your files because you might accidentally miss one. Here is proof:

All you need to do now is go over and do it carefully. :)

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2015, 02:01:25 pm »
If the portals are showing up for others, then you are most likely missing something and should try taking your time in reinstalling them as Rita suggested. Before doing so, there is another thing you should consider:

Do you actually put the maps into the correct game? In theory you could have an endless amount of different FH games/folders on your computer as long as you have space for such, if you install the maps into a copy of the game you aren't even running the maps will not show since the game does only locate maps within it's own folder.

If you are one hundered percent certain that you do everything correctly when it comes to the installing of custom maps it could be a chance that the map creator did not create portals properly, but if you know that others can play it then you are most likely doing something wrong and need to track back your steps until you do it right.

You said you've gone through and made sure all of the files, including the .fhm, were placed in the correct folders. As a result, the portals should appear but since they haven't, there could be a chance you have multiple copies of the game as explained by Red above. You can try looking through your computer in the case you do, and try picking out the copies and their folders then remove them. If not, then try doing what Rita said and reinstall these maps carefully.

In-game user: Panzramic