Author Topic: Game won't allow me to log on  (Read 1263 times)

Offline voice of the water

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Hello there!
    • View Profile
Game won't allow me to log on
« on: October 01, 2015, 07:14:52 pm »
I enter my username and password but it keeps telling me that the username/password is wrong.
Please spare me if I am ignorant of current events/etiquette/ect., I haven't been active in-game or otherwise in a good two years hahaha

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
Re: Game won't allow me to log on
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 07:23:25 pm »
It looks as though your username is over 16 characters, which is the reason you're not able to log in. Unfortunately, you can't change your username, so you will have to create a new account when the Registration next opens up. It might be helpful to take a look at this thread before creating a new account, as well.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:27:08 pm by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 07:40:58 pm »
As stated above, if y'er username is longer than 16 characters, 'twon't let ye log in. But, if y'er user is different from y'er forum name and ye 'ave logged in before, there are a few things that may be the cause of y'er issue.

It says on y'er siggy that ye 'aven't been on in a while. Could ye possibly 'ave forgotten y'er FH password? Ye are allowed to change y'er forum pass, but the game's password stays the same, from what I 'ave been told. So if ye 'ave changed it over the period of time that ye've been active, try to remember what it originally was and use that to log in.

The FH staff may delete any accounts that are not used over time. 'Tis recycling, so there aren't so many stagnant accounts not being used. I'm not sure if this would also delete y'er forum account or not, so this is a more unlikely reason.

Are ye using the numpad? Feral Heart does not read the number buttons on the right hand side of y'er keyboard. So if y'er using those to type in y'er password, use the number line above the letter keys instead.

This is all I can think of now. If what Warrior and I said 'aven't solved y'er problem, do let us know so that we may think of any other possibilities to help ye get back to playing in our amazing feral world. ;)

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline voice of the water

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • Hello there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 07:47:43 pm »
@warriorstrike
@?Enoki?

Thank you both for your help!

I'm actually surprised this account still exists after two years hahah!

I guess this means I'll need to delete my current account and set up a new one (assuming you can't have two accounts on the same email.)

is registration still opening at random or is it periodic now?
Please spare me if I am ignorant of current events/etiquette/ect., I haven't been active in-game or otherwise in a good two years hahaha

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 07:51:16 pm »
@warriorstrike
@?Enoki?

Thank you both for your help!

I'm actually surprised this account still exists after two years hahah!

I guess this means I'll need to delete my current account and set up a new one (assuming you can't have two accounts on the same email.)

is registration still opening at random or is it periodic now?

Registration opens at random times and it is usually difficult. :) I've actually got a spare account that you can use and I haven't used it since a long time. So would you like mine and get playing?

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 07:52:20 pm »
The Registration still opens randomly, although it's fair to say that it opens a few times a week, and even a day, and it generally stays open for about two hours. More information on the Registration hours can be found here. You can't use the same email for two accounts, but if you would like to use your current email for the new account, you can change the email on this one to another email address, so that you will be able to use your current one for your new account. There's also no need for you to delete this account, in case you ever want to come back to it. I will go ahead and lock this since the issue has been answered.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:54:25 pm by warriorstrike »

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.