Author Topic: Map Has No Land, Only Water?  (Read 976 times)

Offline The_Black_Cat

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 6
    • View Profile
Map Has No Land, Only Water?
« on: October 05, 2015, 09:14:05 pm »
So there's a few maps in a map pack I downloaded. They used to work perfectly fine, but I've found that recently, when I go into them, there's no land to stand on, I'm just floating in water. I've tried redownloading all the maps but the problem persists. Anyone know how to fix it?

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Map Has No Land, Only Water?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2015, 09:40:12 pm »
Hmm... does the map show the meshes? Such as trees, plants, and other normal items? It could very well be FH that is causing the problem, and not the map download.

What 'ave ye downloaded recently? Any new meshes, items, or maps? Other downloads could cause the problem ye are dealing with. Make sure to check y'er files in and out to see if anything is out of place. I am not really sure how to diagnose this without looking at the possibly corrupted files themselves.

Are ye able to give out this map download or is this a private map? If 'tis public, would ye mind shooting over the download link? If so, I could possibly tell ye whether or not 'tis y'er FH files or the map download.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline The_Black_Cat

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2015, 09:45:51 pm »
This is the map pack. And yes, meshes like trees, grass, etc are showing in the maps. Only a few of the maps are giving me problems - I think the ones titled Desert and Savannah. There might be others but I've either forgotten about them or haven't been in them and noticed the problem because as I said, these problems only started recently.

I'm downloading meshes and such pretty much all the time, so it's possible I misplaced something, but I can't really think what.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 09:50:20 pm »
Check for the FHM files in exports. This holds the actual map file, so even though ye may 'ave the objects and such, the land would be missing. I'll begin downloading these.

Offline The_Black_Cat

• Experienced Traveler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2015, 10:39:53 pm »
I checked my .fhm files and I found the cause of the problem: I had two maps called "Desert" and two maps called "Savannah". And my computer renames the second ones with (2). I deleted those maps (I didn't really want them anyway) and the problem ones started working again.
I remember getting this problem with a map named "Cave" as well, although later on I deleted it. I suppose it happens a lot with maps that have really generic names - there's probably a lot of maps out there called "Cave" or "Desert" or "Savannah", so it's probably quite easy to download more than one.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2015, 10:56:16 pm »
I checked my .fhm files and I found the cause of the problem: I had two maps called "Desert" and two maps called "Savannah". And my computer renames the second ones with (2). I deleted those maps (I didn't really want them anyway) and the problem ones started working again.
I remember getting this problem with a map named "Cave" as well, although later on I deleted it. I suppose it happens a lot with maps that have really generic names - there's probably a lot of maps out there called "Cave" or "Desert" or "Savannah", so it's probably quite easy to download more than one.

Ah! Glad ye found the issue. And yes, perhaps if map makers named their names with a lil' more unique names, less issues would come to the downloaders. Anyways, happy to know that ye solved the problem. ^3^

Offline Warriorstrike

• . "The truth is often what we make of it; you heard what you wanted to hear, believed what you wanted to believe."
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 346
  • . Remember… the Force will be with you. Always.
    • warriorstrike
    • warriorstrike
    • View Profile
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2015, 11:08:19 pm »
Locking this since the issue was solved.

If you define yourself by the power to take life, the desire to dominate, to possess… then you have nothing.