Author Topic: Timezones  (Read 2186 times)

Offline WildPeace

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
Timezones
« on: October 14, 2015, 11:57:54 pm »
Hey guys. This is just a tiny minature rant about timezones.
So I live in Australia and when I log on in Bonfire there are only a few people around. Sometimes I sneak onto the FH website at school in the morning and see over 500 people online. xD
I'm not saying to change anything about the game, I just find it annoying as it is hard to find a good rp and there is nothing much to do, but oh well.
Do any of you guys have to go through this?

Offline shayy

• Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 73
  • World Class Shawty
    • View Profile
Re: Timezones
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 12:16:05 am »
Usually I see a lot of people when I am online, but i'm usually only online after school and soccer so it's not exactly in the middle of the day. Try going online at weird hours during the weekend or when you have a chunk of free time and see when the amount of users peeks. :)
pm for free art i need practice

Offline Redlinelies

• The FeralHeart Guru
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 792
  • Modoru Pride
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • redlinelies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 01:33:00 am »
Get up early in the mornings when you're off for the best effect.

Since you live in Aussie-land peak hours on the game should be around your early morning hours sometime. If you really want to have more luck to meet new people or just take part in roleplays that might be what you need to do.

Personally I live in muddle Europe so if I want to catch most people online I need to stay around til after midnight. There's quite the difference between logging on then compared to mid-day my time when it's the most dead hours around the day. It's all about if you'd find it worth changing sleeping schedule a little or staying up a bit longer sometimes.

Otherwise in general, timezones can be a real pain.
Former community manager of FeralHeart

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 05:03:40 am »
Based on what I know, most of FH's users live in the US, so for Europeans and Australians the game's always dead when it's in the middle of the day. Personally, I live in the US, and the game is busy pretty much all day for me, but if I stay up late then there's normally no one on. However, I'm sure you can find other Australians so you can usually have a buddy to talk to c:

But I agree, timezones are annoying... not just in FH, but in life in general (derpy post)
Farewell everyone<3

Offline Jango_Fett

• Solid Snake
  • Ancient Silver Mane
  • Floof-O-Meter: 134
  • rotten kind of cute
    • euralore
    • EmpressWolf
    • littlemisscancer
    • parahyena
    • LM_Cancer
    • View Profile
    • Picarto.tv
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 01:04:29 pm »
Most of my friends whom I regularly talk to are somewhere in Europe(Or bloody Narnia for all I know), so Timezones end up being sketchy.

But figuring out the hour differences helps greatly(I'm six hours behind Germany, the UK, Slovenia, ect), and honestly planning a little schedule around it helps.
even if it means lost sleep inability to fall asleep because you still can't believe that timezones exist just to make you suffer

i don't know nothing about mopeds
feral_cast.fhm
have a question? just ask - Rubricae#6972

Offline GlaydrChyle

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • Spotted Milkshakes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 06:42:44 pm »
peak gaming hours for me are around twelve am at midnight. This is because I live in Great Britain. While I do find it annoying, I also find it a blessing as I can roam the maps freely and explore!

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 07:16:02 pm »
Usually I'll find people online more at this time (3:16 PM when I posted this) since I live in the Eastern timezone sort of areas. I have a friend who's in Scotland and is like what, five hours ahead of me? So timezones do kinda suck...

Offline .BlackCrow.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
  • In-game name: .BlackCrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2015, 12:03:07 pm »
Since I live in the UK, I usually come on after my boyfriend leaves my house to go back home which is about 7-8pm. At this time a lot of people are on and a lot of my friends are as well. That's the most popular times for me to go on and RP.

-~Nacoda :)

Do you mind if I Slytherin?

Offline xmapleleafx

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2015, 07:38:51 pm »
peak gaming hours for me are around twelve am at midnight. This is because I live in Great Britain. While I do find it annoying, I also find it a blessing as I can roam the maps freely and explore!

Since I live in the UK, I usually come on after my boyfriend leaves my house to go back home which is about 7-8pm. At this time a lot of people are on and a lot of my friends are as well. That's the most popular times for me to go on and RP.

-~Nacoda :)

Me too, Chyle and Nacoda. I find in the UK, the peak times are probably around 9:00 / 10:00 and on weekends, usually earlier. But I am usually on the computer late, so it's no problem for meee heh
Insert a fancy signature here.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2015, 07:49:12 pm »
I live in Sweden. So it's +1 GMT, same as Shallow and Red.

My sleeping schedule is literally all over the place. I'll sometimes stay up all night just to spend time with the Americans. CET 1:40pm is 8:40 pm here..
I try to spread myself around different timezones, however it's not that easy due to work and also due to the way I wanna live. I seem to have issues with letting myself be offline for long enough to just relax.
Being offline and not talking to people stresses me rather than relaxes me. Oddly enough..

I started living this way when I was 12, developed the habit through highschool and college.
Now I have a job and I'll start my days with 2 hours sleep at times, just because I couldn't get off the pc due to good company.

Yet, I don't personally see this as a bad thing. I've developed the habit so far that 9 hours sleep will make me more tired than 2 - 4 hours.
I've never met anyone with a worse sleeping pattern than mine.

I survive on naps. I'll have 4 naps throughout the day, all about 15 - 30 minutes if I've had 2 - 4 hours sleep.

I both like and dislike Timezones, because in a way, you'll always have someone to talk to if your friends timezones are spread out.
Thanks to emails and much more, you'll be able to keep contact if needs be.
RETIRED.