Author Topic: Water Texture Questions {Need Quick Response}  (Read 986 times)

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Water Texture Questions {Need Quick Response}
« on: October 16, 2015, 04:48:15 am »
Sorry to put ye all in a tight spot, but I need an answer by morning {at least by around 9 A.M. Central U.S.} I am trying to tie this new map update up and send it out, as I promised m'members these new maps ages ago and they 'ave taken me very long to make. Unfortunately, time escaped me t'night and I had to retire from m'work and head off to bed, as 'tis very late now and I must get up in the morning-even earlier if I wish to get this map update up before I must work. I 'ave had some issues with custom water textures and them not showing up on members screens upon downloading the maps that 'ave them. They appear base white and motionless.

'Twas just wondering what I need to include in m'new update that will allow them to see these water textures, as they are vital to the environment. No one wants to swim in white lava nor drink white chocolate milk... Actually, white chocolate milk actually sounds pretty good, but, ahem, not f'er this situation.

Would I include the original texture files, along with the .png's? Or is there a way to export water textures? I tried looking in the Object Maker and its particle tab as well, but no luck.

Thankies all for reading and all help is much appreciated.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
Re: Water Texture Questions {Need Quick Response}
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 09:55:54 am »
In order for people to see your water textures, I think you will need to have a material file for it (which should be placed in the material folder) and your texture (which should be placed in media > textures folder) both given to your friends.

I am not exactly sure how to edit the water.material file in the materials folder, but here is a thread which contains water textures that you can use here.

and the thread which I looked at that has a similar problem is here.

I just hope this helps you and hopefully your map will turn out great. <3

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 02:08:02 pm »
Ah, alrighty. I shall just add the original material and texture files from both the chocolate and lava water. Thankies f'er the response and I hope so as well!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 02:09:34 pm by ?Enoki? »

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 03:11:22 pm »
Ah, alrighty. I shall just add the original material and texture files from both the chocolate and lava water. Thankies f'er the response and I hope so as well!

You're welcome! :3