Author Topic: Looking for an Old Meshthing  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Zophrenia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Looking for an Old Meshthing
« on: October 22, 2015, 10:13:31 pm »
It's been a long time since i saw it and i fear it may be lost.

It was a render of trees that could be used to hide the edges of maps, make it look like endless trees insted.
Been looking around been unable to find it.
It had other things like trees with moutains, rocks, forest.
Just a flat object.

If anyone comes by it i would be eternally greatful.

Offline Panzram

• Reject false icons
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 95
  • Chai tea addict
    • Koicrow
    • View Profile
Re: Looking for an Old Meshthing
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2015, 12:12:44 am »
Would it be a backdrop you're looking for? If so, I've managed to dig around and find a few of my posts regarding such.

I've explored a map with borders such as those before. Where you can get them from, I have absolutely no clue. There was a post that contained a download of these backdrops but it was sadly removed. I do remember seeing that they were created using the basic shapes your game should come with, though, so I suppose you can always make your own. Find a mesh that has a flat surface such as your BasicCube mesh. You can retexture it with an image of the landscape you want and all you would have to do then would expand however many of those Cube meshes you need to fit the perimeter of your map. Hopefully that will serve as the "background" you are looking for.

I'll keep looking for these in case the download is still floating about. If not, perhaps someone else might know or you will just have to create your own.

Do you happen to know how to make an image into a texture? and what folder it goes into?

Arr, here is a helpful tutorial that might answer your questions. [Click me]
If you don't feel like resizing the BasicCube mesh to be as flat as you need, you can always use the Ceiling mesh as your backdrop like Balto has done there. Following her instructions should help you with texturing and making it into a material for your mesh. I wish you luck on your map!

I do hope this helps you out.

In-game user: Panzramic