Author Topic: Preset Help ( Fixed, please lock! )  (Read 862 times)

Offline iiAwshumGurl

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Quit?
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt user
Preset Help ( Fixed, please lock! )
« on: October 26, 2015, 09:33:38 pm »
I imported some presets ( they are in the my_presets folder ) and when I go to Preset Maker they are there in the correct spots and I can view them yet I cannot seem to import them to work in-game on my character. Please may someone help me?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 03:03:20 pm by iiAwshumGurl »
Drawn by me

I am best known for my OC, Eclipse ( as pictured above ) but also have for Venus ( as seen in my profile picture )

" We must let go of the life we have planned to accept the one awaiting us "

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
Re: Preset Help
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2015, 09:52:10 pm »
Ah, so 'ave ye exported the preset yet with the Preset Maker? If not, ye must do so. Make sure to enter y'er username in the log-in screen so FH knows who to put the preset's name on. The export button should be near the bottom of the last tab. Then, once exported, restart the game and log in. Ye should be able to choose the preset in the last tab of the character creator.

Hope I helped ye deary! If ye 'ave any other questions or this doesn't seem to help, feel free to ask me.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline iiAwshumGurl

• Quit?
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt user
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 01:40:16 pm »
Okay thanks. It worked but sometimes when I log in the preset has disappeared off my avatar and sometimes it doesn't seem to export??  And people cannot seem to see my preset? Help???
Drawn by me

I am best known for my OC, Eclipse ( as pictured above ) but also have for Venus ( as seen in my profile picture )

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2015, 01:48:00 pm »
I'm not sure what's going on if it's not showing up after you export.
Make sure you're logged in as the same username as the one you're making the preset for when you export it.
Also, make sure when you edit the character you want it on, you go to the last page of character customization, and click on "Use Preset"
If it exported, the name of your preset should show up there.
And make sure that if you put your preset files into Feralheart > my_presets > preset_12, then you select preset 12 in the preset maker. Know what I mean?
Also, in order for your friends to see it, you have to send them your preset's .fhp file. After you export the preset, go into the main Feralheart file > Presets. There should be a file there with youruser_#.fhp. For example, if I exported a preset from the 3rd preset file in my_presets, mine would be named Shadowtooth_3.fhp
I hope this helped, and I hope we all get to see your snazzy new preset soon!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 01:53:02 pm by ShadeyTeeth »
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2015, 03:24:50 pm »
Ayy, when you've exported the file you need to make sure to give the file to other people as well.
So let's say you have one called NAMEHERE_3.fhp - You need to upload this file to somewhere, or give it out to your friends over Skype. Otherwise nobody will be able to see the preset as they don't have the source to it.
Most people use www.mediafire.com - It's free and safe to use.
Also instead of using the full link, most people also use www.tinyurl.com to shorten the URL and make it easier for people to type it in.

If the issue continues, feel free to PM me and I'll figure out a way to help you out.
RETIRED.

Offline iiAwshumGurl

• Quit?
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt user
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 03:02:56 pm »
Thanks for helping me everyone, I fixed the problem but I don't think I'll continue using presets due to the fact only me and other's who download my file can see it.
Drawn by me