Author Topic: Terrain.cfg won't load?  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 11
  • ??
    • View Profile
Terrain.cfg won't load?
« on: October 27, 2015, 09:56:02 am »

hey, so i've been working on a map for a few days now and i was almost finished, just addin' the few extras before i exported and when i came to open it today,

it told me the terrain.cfg wasn't working? i've assured that all my files are in the correct place, and named correctly yet there is still a problem?

kinda confused and upset since the map was workin' fine before.

if someone could offer help it'd be greatly appreciated!!!

Find me in-game as: mushyroom

Offline hugrf2

• Purple Derple
  • Honored Hero
  • Floof-O-Meter: 120
  • wrow
    • hugrf
    • channel/UChLphw5s3-hS8EFAgnNv6FQ
    • hugrf
    • hugrf
    • Ain't nobody got time fo' dat
    • View Profile
Re: Terrain.cfg won't load?
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2015, 02:14:53 pm »
Hmmm... Is it working fine right now, or are you having problems with the map as well? 'Cause really, I don't know what's wrong. I've never encountered this. While exporting a map I've come across errors that weren't really that big of problems if it isn't working okay for you, but never with the terrain.cfg.

Like, have you messed with it at all lately? At all? I'll try to help as much as I can.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2015, 03:40:35 pm »
Hmm, well, what ye could do-although this may change the appearance of y'er map and what is inside it, is revert the file back to an earlier version. {Make sure to save a copy of the file b'fore doing so!} To do that, right click the terrain.cgf that is acting up and select "Revert to earlier version", or something like that. A tab will pop up, giving ye all the versions of that file it has. Try selecting the previous version. Then, head into the map maker and see if it works.

Now, ye may lose a few meshes tha ye 'ave placed lately, but it may load the file and ye can get back to work.

As f'er any other options, ye may 'ave to wait it out. This could be just some weird glitch and everything is fine. It could also be the file has become corrupted. As mentioned by Hugrf, 'ave ye updated the file in any way other than saving y'er work in map maker? This could be the reason as to why 'tis not loading.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2015, 09:03:35 am »
hmm, i don't think i've tried modify the actual file itself??? but when i looked today in 'properties' it said someone modified it yesterday? i could've done somethin', however my memory isnt the best so i'm not so sure.

and about the reverting back to an earlier point, nothing like that shows up for me?? i've looked everywhere, and it may just work because i did attempt to place some dodgy meshes into map before all this happened.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2015, 03:20:16 pm »
Ah, well if ye'd like to learn how to revert files back to a different version, I can create a screenshot tutorial f'er ye. I be on m'phone as of now, but I will be on m'computer sometime around 3 P.M. Central.

Oh, and when it says that, it is meaning ye updated y'er map by saving y'er progress. ;)

EDIT: I was able to get on m'computer earlier than expected, so here be a step-by-step screenshot tutorial. Do note that if ye are not shown any previous versions, then y'er file has not been tampered with.

First find y'er terrain.cgf and select it, then right click the file. This tab should pop up, giving ye many options. Select the one that m'mouse is hovering over.

Now another page should pop up, giving ye four or so tabs-depending on the file, the number of tabs may vary. Click the Previous Versions tab.

As ye can see, this is not a terrain.cgf that I be using f'er an example. The reason why is that no actual different versions are supposed to be found. But, if ye do 'ave a different version to select. Do click it and click Ok/Apply.

Now, if ye don't seem to see any different versions, I 'ave 'nother theory that may fix y'er issue. Ye say that ye placed some "dodgy" meshes? Ye could possibly remove said mesh files from y'er FH files and test the map again. Without the files to mess with the .cgf, it could let it load-but this just be a theory. I'm not quite sure if it'll work.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2015, 07:50:04 pm by ?Enoki? »

Offline Yognaught

• Experienced Traveler
  • ??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 10:42:55 am »
yeah, i literally can't see the whole 'revert back to an earlier point' when i right-click. i'm workin' on a windows 8.1 laptop so i'm not sure if our systems are the same. i've deleted the meshes, and it still won't load up.

i don't think it's too do with what i put in the map, moreso that maybe i've tampered with a file unknowlingly?? idk

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 03:28:41 pm »
Windows 8 should 'ave this option. Make sure ye click the file first b'fore right clicking it to see the options. I believe ye can also get there by going to the files properties.

It could be that the file has become corrupted and 'twill no longer work-but let's not worry 'bout this too much. Are any other maps giving ye this issue? Do ye 'ave a copy of FH in y'er computer or perhaps even a copy of the map files?

Try opening the file with notepad and see if anything looks out of place.