Author Topic: Why's BonFire Island so populated?  (Read 2861 times)

Offline spikezz

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Just your average unicorn.
    • View Profile
    • Mystic Rebellion
Why's BonFire Island so populated?
« on: October 28, 2015, 10:39:57 pm »
Hello! My name is Vampire Bat, and i'm here with my friend Flying Zombie! We'd like to ask a question I bet most people ask: Why's Bonfire Island so popular? Well, here's where you come in; Put your answer down below, you all have an opinion, just be nice to eachother! And heres a question you can answer alongside it; What animals are regularly spotted in Bonfire?

Have fun, and be nice to each other!
I’m a unicorn In a sea of darkness.
It’s time to spread my wings and fly, don’t you say?

Offline Sandytails

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 12
  • I rly like robots tbh
    • neon-chann.deviantart.com
    • wildbreak
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Why's BonFire Island so populated?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2015, 11:25:25 pm »
I like to think it is populated because it's small and easily accessable. Also, it used to be the spawning point, and it was the first map people would see. That kind of sticks with you.
Gif of Bitobae by Deathy <3

Find me on FH with the usernames Sandytails, Clawingeyes, Magolor, Spring-trap and Whirl!

Offline magicfairy

• Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 55
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2015, 01:15:17 am »
I'm bored so I probably should just randomly answer this question.

1. It's so easy to find.

2. I heard it used to be the spawning point.

3. A lot of people begin their FH life there.

4. It looks good.
vanitas · he/they/it/fae

Offline AssemblerOfSouls

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2015, 09:49:21 am »
Hey! I saw you two earlier, but I didn't say hi, lol!  ;D

Considering everyone else's answer, it makes sense why it's popular. Although, for me, I did my share of exploring. The first place I discovered was the South Pole, but there were so few people around and they were not very chatty. I quickly grew bored and moved on. After going straight to Bonfire, it was apparent how popular the location was from all the chatter and active users. I tried exploring all of Flourite, but I was disappointed to discover that it was nearly impossible to find other users (who were active or at least not just standing/lounging around). Though it looks nice and has a lot of ideal Rping locations, it's too huge. Because of this, Bonfire is now one of the first places I go to when I log in.

However, I do have my... grievances. [[Feel free to tl;dr, lol!]]

It's a very small island (too small to act "natural" IC all the time), what I spot in the chatterbox is mainly OOC or grouped Rps (some of which deal with a lot of OOC drama because of that single person that one or two group members have a problem with), MCs or ACs popping up, and the occasional rule breakers that just love mating in front of everyone (including children, because those people have forgotten that a large group of users are not even out of middle school. Heck, they're probably in grade school, too, and yet subject us to their inappropriate acts of "love." I don't care how old they are, they know better, most can comprehend algebra at this point).

However, this is just the Rper side griping because it doesn't want to go back to group roleplays. Too much responsibility and I'm a grown woman who just wants to play a large cat prowling the... the... whatever environment Flourite is supposed to be--savanna?--and it would be nice to see someone spot that and react accordingly. No pretense, just natural Rper reacting to their surroundings.

Despite all this, I can't seem to stay away from Bonfire. Not enough bad to ruin the good. Personally, as a gamer, I enjoy the rowdiness and randomness. It's entertaining, and you wouldn't even need to say a word to anyone to enjoy it the entire time you're there! Occasionally, you find yourself roleplaying with someone, anyway. A lot of the time it's still rather OOC, but it makes mishaps all the more hilarious and sometimes fun to work with. Again, it's easier to make friends there. Overall, the atmosphere is welcoming and you rarely want to leave to explore other maps without a good reason.

To answer your other question, I always spot canines. Wolves or something of the like. If not them, then lions. Mainly TLK lions. And, lately, I've been spotting more dragons and cougars.
Call me Jen, Soul, or Anza. ;D

Preach

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2015, 11:33:11 am »
I think Bonfire is populated because of the amount of randomness be happening. Plus, popular for their roleplays and their caps...Plus, I for their centers? So far, I've been in Plains for an entire week and saw no centers there. Just advertising. I think each map has its own kind, if know what I mean. Additionally, I think because everyone,on the forum, goes there. XD

Offline Edolicious

• Luck o' the Irish
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 108
  • Luck O' the Irish
    • Edolicious
    • Edolicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2015, 01:50:29 pm »
While Bonfire is a common place for some players to go, I think it seems more popular just because it's a smaller map. It's probably got the same amount of people as Fluorite Plains, but on a small island. Thus, it makes it look like there's more people.
But added onto that, if a player accidentally stumbles upon Bonfire, and can find more players that they relate to in that map more than anywhere else, I'm sure they'd be eager to stick around there. I know I would be!
Sig by https://twitter.com/limesquares
Avatar by https://deviantart.com/atachi00
Always do the right thing, even if no one is watching.

Offline iiAwshumGurl

• Floof-O-Meter: 5
  • Quit?
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt user
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2015, 02:57:47 pm »
Well in my opinion it's the nicest of maps and the scenery is pretty good for RPs. Also, if a lot of people go there and RP, more and more people will gather there and join in thus making the map pretty full.
Drawn by me

I am best known for my OC, Eclipse ( as pictured above ) but also have for Venus ( as seen in my profile picture )

" We must let go of the life we have planned to accept the one awaiting us "

Offline Owly

• Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2015, 03:04:12 pm »
It did, in fact, used to be the Spawn instead of Lonely Cave. In fact, we didn't have Lonely cave, South Pole, Ascension Island, Sky's Rim, Atlantis, or Last Cave. It became popular for those random people, groups/species, and TLK role players. Since the last update, which introduced the new maps, people continued to stick to Bonfire. Even the newer members end up there for various reasons. Mostly, from what I see, is people like to usher new players to Bonfire. Bonfire is probably the easiest place to make friends as well. So people just end up hanging there.

Offline Rangeranger333

• Floof-O-Meter: 2
  • Have a lovely day!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2015, 09:22:16 pm »
First off it's based off The Lion King. Everybody loves that movie. Secondly, it's just a chill place to hang out.
My signature is a work in progress!

I'm Rangeranger333 in game!

Offline hcj2000

• Experienced Traveler
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
  • I am what I am
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2015, 11:00:20 pm »
1) Its small  2) Normally the MC and AC are there  3) Lion prides are popular there too. I normally see a lot of lions there I guess cause of the rock the sticking out of the cliff kind of reminds people of pride rock
We are all perfectly imperfect don't let anyone decide who you should be just be yourself if someone calls you a mistake thats ok cause none of us are perfect