Author Topic: Help fully removing maps?  (Read 982 times)

Offline Whisperofleafs

• Forum Newcomer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 0
  • Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real.
    • View Profile
Help fully removing maps?
« on: November 01, 2015, 06:07:43 pm »
I am sorry if this question has been answered but I haven't been able to find it. I have downloaded maps and as many of you know, maps contain many things that go with them to make them open for use. The trouble is that my computer gets over crowded with space and maps take up a big part of it. Some of these maps I want to fully delete but I don't know how. I am on a Mac and I have only figured out how to stop the main map from existing, so the portal to the map still exist but when I go inside the portal the map is all black so it still exist. Is there a way to totally delete it?
Forgiving does not erase the bitter past. A healed memory is not a deleted memory. Instead, forgiving what we cannot forget creates a new way to remember. We change the memory of our past into a hope for our future.

Preach

Re: Help fully removing maps?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 06:16:56 pm »
Go to your "exports" folder in the FH folder.
C:\FeralHeart\exports

Then just delete the files/maps you don't want. Be careful of what you delete though, as they can effect the other maps you don't want deleted.

Offline ritat

• Incarnated Angel
  • Pack & Pride Representative
  • Floof-O-Meter: 156
  • Will be inactive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 06:43:00 pm »
Go to your "exports" folder in the FH folder.
C:\FeralHeart\exports

Then just delete the files/maps you don't want. Be careful of what you delete though, as they can effect the other maps you don't want deleted.

Yes, Preach summed it up! And I agree with the fact that deleting some files can affect other maps. By that I guess she means that if other maps have objects required to download to see them and then suddenly delete it, you will not be able to see them. <3

Offline Owly

• Familiar Grounds Dweller
  • Floof-O-Meter: 9
    • Kryvul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2015, 06:11:06 pm »
Here's an extra tip that I always advise for members, just make a "Feral Heart Dump" folder with extra copies of the game, and .zips that you download for FH. Just to keep it around. If you want to conserve space on your PC, try to put the files on Mediafire, or even on a flash drive.
The reason I suggest this is because you can keep extra files that you may want later. Plus you can click and drag your current exports, or presets folders from your Main FH to your "FH Dump" folder for safe keeping.