Author Topic: FeralHeart has been crashing when I try to enter Fluorite Plains  (Read 1670 times)

Offline partytime

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 1
    • View Profile
    • Party's DeviantART
FeralHeart has been crashing when I try to enter Fluorite Plains
« on: November 10, 2015, 06:06:48 am »
So, this has been happening for a few days now, and I don't know why.

It lets me on at around 2:30 pm Australian time, and I can stay on until 3:00 pm and then it crashes. It comes up with FeralHeart.exe has stopped working. It only happens whenever I try to enter Fluorite Plains. I can send the same character back to Lonely Cave and it will let me on that character but as soon as I try to get back into Fluorite it crashes.

It's been frustrating me because I have active RPs that are only in Fluorite Plains.

I've tried running FH as administrator, still doesn't work. I've tried everything I could think of.

If it helps, whenever I try to open the game after it crashes it will come up as OpenGL one time, and then after it crashes it will come up as Direct3D9.

Please help!

Preach

Re: FeralHeart has been crashing when I try to enter Fluorite Plains
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 10:21:47 am »
Usually uninstalling and deleting the entire game and folder works.

Sometimes this FeralHeart.exe error message can occur when you are trying to get into a crowded map like Fluorite. If this is the case just keep trying until you can get in, or just use the character reset option at the top right of the forum and get your character to a less crowded region.

You can also try going into the game's options through the main menu and then go into video settings.
From there you can:
Set Anti Aliasing to 0
Turn Water Reflection off
Set View Distance to 0
Changing your rendering system between OpenGL & Direct3D9

Also if you've ever downloaded any mod(s) at some point files could have been deleted or rearranged. Sometimes double particles appear in you particle folder. If you do find double particles delete the duplicates.
If all else fails maybe try refering to this:
http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=26735.0
Can't think of anything else right now but I hope something here works. Goodluck.

Offline partytime

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Party's DeviantART
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 10:29:40 am »
Thankyou, I am uninstalling and reinstalling it now. I've deleted all of the FH related things I have, I will get back to you if it works.~

Offline partytime

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Party's DeviantART
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2015, 05:26:09 am »
Update: Nope, it worked for a little bit but then stopped working.

Offline Kerriki

• Band Geek
  • Immortal Legend
  • Floof-O-Meter: 371
  • Who needs furniture when you have the floor?
    • Kikiorylandia
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2015, 05:50:34 am »
Very strange. Is your computer older/slower? If it is, it's possible it cannot handle the amount of players and the lag in the map so your game just crashes. Has it always been crashing when you enter Fluorite, or is this only a recent problem?
Farewell everyone<3

Offline PrettyReckless

• Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 218
    • RecklessAce
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 06:22:30 am »
If you're running a lot of unnecessary programs in the background, you may want to try turning those off.
If you play on a laptop you can try switching from energy saving mode, if you have it activated.

Do you experience any lag in other maps?
RETIRED.

Offline partytime

• Curious Wanderer
    • View Profile
    • Party's DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 09:37:09 am »
My laptop isn't old, I got it recently. This problem is also recent, I only experience lag in Bonfire and Fluorite, but I've always had lag in Bonfire.

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 04:35:12 pm »
Hmmm, do ye 'ave any other downloaded games on y'er laptop? It could be that y'er out of space or it could possibly be clashing files. 'Nother game could be running on a different version of Direct or OpenGL.

I know f'er a fact that if ye try running both an IT server and FH that 'twill cause crashing left and right. Maybe 'tis y'er OpenGL/Direct3D9 that is the problem and not the game itself. The required version of these rendering systems may not be on y'er computer and the version ye 'ave now may not be able to work well with FH. Just a shot in the dark, to be honest.

If ye 'ave done a clean install then 'tis most likely something on y'er laptop that is causing the issue.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧