Author Topic: Mesh/Map Question.  (Read 1231 times)

Offline Zophrenia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
Mesh/Map Question.
« on: November 14, 2015, 11:30:47 am »
Hellur, once again i'm here asking something about Maps/Meshes.

I was curious as to if it was perfectly fine to turn the FH Canine and Feline models into Objects for maps?
After getting hold of the blender files for the models to help with item making (If i ever get around to it), I thought about using them to make NPC like beings placed around current maps i'm making for public use. Just to make the worlds seem more.. Alive?

And if so, would i be able to convert models for people to retexture and use on their own maps for simular use? (Under the conditions they don't ask people to pay to use the re-textured model/map with said model of course.)
Seeing as not everyone is blender savvy.

Or simply use it for private use?

If not thats fine, twas just an idea. :3

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
Re: Mesh/Map Question.
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 03:09:36 pm »
Flywheel68 on deviantart has been doing this for years, so I'm sure it's fine. Though she doesn't give people the model itself, she poses it in blender and sells screenshot/pose commissions for an image rather than the object.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline Zophrenia

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2015, 03:43:44 pm »
Ah yes, i remember seeing a few of their things.
Thats slighltly different as they are still using a different program rather than placing the models themselves back in the game as an object.

Offline Spottedbears

• Dedicated Supporter
  • Floof-O-Meter: 41
  • mister sandman, bring me a dream
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2015, 03:56:29 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean - what we're talking about is the same thing? o: Flywheel poses an object and then exports it as a mesh, gets it in-game, and makes a small scenery map so she can take a screenshot with it.

Art by me!
DA: Chrome-domey
Tumblr: Cassiopirate
Need preset, animating, or map help? PM me!

Offline Enoki

• Herba Chronographus
  • Elder Grey Pelt
  • Floof-O-Meter: 121
  • Who lives in a portabella under a tree?
    • FantasyFungus
    • EnokiTheDryphon
    • Enoki_G
    • View Profile
    • The Realms of Yugure
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2015, 06:41:30 pm »
Ye guys are talkin' 'bout the same kind of thing, just different uses. Does Flywheel include the converted posed mesh with the screenshot, or just the picture itself when selling their work? Ye could always ask them f'er the object after completed, but she may only do pictures.

I believe what Zoph wishes to do is use the canine and feline mesh as an object in her maps, which is totally doable. All ye need is the files f'er the mesh and skeleton that holds the frame up. Sadly, I 'ave no clue where to find these items. They may be the same things ye use to make different animation mods, or they could be something else.

But, yes, to answer y'er first question, ye can. I'm also quite sure that ye could make the objects downloadable f'er public use. All ye need is the correct files and, of course, Blender.

Tmw you planned a ten minute nap but instead took a whole year.
☙Icon by dA JRProducts; Sig by PocketMutt❧

Offline .Camino.

• Curious Wanderer
  • Floof-O-Meter: 28
  • It takes a little boldness..
    • Camino-Palomino
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2015, 10:30:42 am »
I don't see why not. The idea is already being used. (This map was created in 2012)